PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for garnishing my cheesecake?

TamiRuns
12-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Just for fun, how would you garnish this white chocolate cranberry cheesecake?http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/white-chocolate-cranberry-cheesecake-62576.aspx

I won't be serving it until Saturday...it's in the oven at the moment and I'm trying to decide how to garnish. I have a few squares of white chocolate left, some cranberries, oranges, and oreos (used for the crust). I was thinking it might be fun to do something with the Oreos and white chocolate but I don't have enough of it to cover more than a few cookies. Also thought about melting white chocolate, adding red food coloring and drizzling it over the top?
Anyone have other ideas? Which sounds best to you?

jennilynn
12-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Can you shave the white chocolate into curlicues with like a potato peeler or something? That's what I'd do - reminds me of the French bakery I worked at in high school.

TamiRuns
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Shaving the white chocolate sounds like a great idea....however, the top of my cheesecake cracked so it has a bit of a crater in it....if I can't hide the cracks with the shavings, I may go with melting it and drizzling it...I'll figure something out. Even if it doesn't look as pretty as I'd like, it'll still taste yummy...I hope!