PDA

View Full Version : No Gift Receipts for Old Navy Online Purchase for charity- WWYD?

alien_host
12-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I ordered two kids coats online for an "adopt a family" program. I couldn't figure out how to get a gift receipt at the time. I called and e-mailed and was told they can't retroactively print a gift receipt. I guess you have to include a "gift message" in order to get a receipt, which wasn't that clear to me when I placed the order.

Anyway, should I be concerned that I don't have a gift receipt for this family?

My only option is to go to the B&M store and rebuy. Does that seem beyond what I should be doing? I was trying to save time by ordering online!

I'd love some thoughts. TIA!

khm
12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I would just include the regular receipt. I don't think they'd contain any sensitive info (CC#). If they do, just sharpie that out.

alien_host
12-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I would just include the regular receipt. I don't think they'd contain any sensitive info (CC#). If they do, just sharpie that out.

I'll have to look at the receipt when it arrives, I think it will have my name/address on it but I guess I could black it out. I also have one order that has some of my stuff on it so I can't really give up the receipt b/c I might need to make a return.

belovedgandp
12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Depending on if this is a formal adopt-a-family program or not, I'd be surprised if they want you to include gift receipts. Most of the groups I've gone through here discourage including anything to prevent fraudulent uses of the items or credit at stores - as sad as it sounds, you gave kids coats and kids should get to have coats.

alien_host
12-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Depending on if this is a formal adopt-a-family program or not, I'd be surprised if they want you to include gift receipts. Most of the groups I've gone through here discourage including anything to prevent fraudulent uses of the items or credit at stores - as sad as it sounds, you gave kids coats and kids should get to have coats.

That is interesting. I think it is a formal program, I'm just helping out DH and someone in his office is the "leader". She asked that I get gift receipts.

I'll send it without the receipt, they did provide sizes and if for some reason they don't fit, then they could do an even exchange, I guess.