PDA

View Full Version : Okay... so is the Beaba Baby Cook Really worth it?

AnnieW625
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Still semi interested in getting this (off of Craigslist), but would like some more opinions. TIA:)

I saw it in a recent Williams Sonoma catalog and thought hmmm that looks interesting thinking you could steam the veggies in it too. Then I happened to see it on Platinum Babies last week and it looked like you still had to steam the veggies first in a pot as the lady just put them in the little processor once they were steamed and it looked not much different than the few purees I had made for DD when she was a baby. So if it doesn't actually steam the veggies for you to the right consistency, then really what's the point? I never seemed to be able to get the veggies steamed enough to get them pureed thin enough so I stopped making baby food until DD could eat chunkier foods.

I have a regular 7 cup Cuisinart and the Cuisinart Mini Prep.

BeachBum
12-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't think the machine does anything that a regular steamer and food processor can't do, it just makes it easier.

I have one (trying to sell on CL now) and did enjoy it. You put the veggies in a basket that is in the processor cup, pour in the water and it steams it. By filling the water to level 1, 2, or 3 you are telling it how long to steam. It turns itself off. Then you dump the veggie basket into the cup processor part, pour out water if you need to, then process.

I found it convenient not having to wash several appliances. I thought it could make a good amount of food, but also did well with a small amount. Sometimes I would throw just a bit of what we were having for dinner in there instead of making a whole freezer batch.

To me, it WAS worth it. But I also understand how people would think it was a gimmick.