PDA

View Full Version : Winter sports enthusiasts: some questions....

gatorsmom
12-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Can you recommend a brand of heated sock and heated gloves for DH who loves to downhill ski? He says he loves skiing but once his feet and hands get cold, he cant get warm again and just comes in. I thought this would make a GREAT Christmas present for someone who is notoriously difficult to buy for!

Can you recommend some good quality brands? TIA!

bigpassport
12-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't have a suggestion for brands for gear...but has he used hand and toe warmers? Those can be very helpful.

gatorsmom
12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't have a suggestion for brands for gear...but has he used hand and toe warmers? Those can be very helpful.

yeah, he's tried that, he said. I am not sure why they didnt' work for him.

tylersmama
12-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Hottronics boot warmers. They might need to be installed by a bootfitter, but everyone I know who has them (and I know several), loves them.

As for the gloves, I don't really know of any heated gloves, but the first recommendation that most people make is for a mitten over a glove, and then a hand warmer inside the mitten. The mitten allows your fingers to stay together so they stay warmer. The two brands that I've seen recommended over and over (I'm a mod on a ski forum for women) are Black Diamond and Swany. The Swany toaster gets really good reviews. I recently bought the Black Diamond Mercury Mitt, and so far so good.