PDA

View Full Version : HA Select Playdresses on Sale

Melaine
12-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I saw that Hanna has some of the playdresses (I guess holiday patterns) for $20 and some of the leggings are $10-$12. I also was able to get the Yahoo Free Shipping over $100 ad/trick to work. I'm sitting here debating this, I have yet to purchase anything from HA. I'm so tempted but not sure I'm willing to spend any cash on clothing right now....

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC|4|7|330|291|1|83|1
http://www.hannaandersson.com/Style.asp?styleId=36049&grpng=&from=MS|JT36048|Y|Y&simg=36049_990

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC|5|7|330|291|1|83|1
http://www.hannaandersson.com/Style.asp?styleId=36029&grpng=&from=MS|JT36028|Y|Y&simg=36029_S74

What do you guys think of those two patterns? Would they be wearable beyond the holidays or no?

maybeebaby08
12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I have the 2nd dress and LOVE IT! I was actually out today trying to get Christmas card pictures done, and so many people stopped me and said what an adorable dress. I don't think it's really wearable after the holidays, maybe for Valentines Day, but I think at $20 it's worth it just for Christmas day, they're so comfy and soft!

Melanie
12-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I like them but I think they're pretty holiday-specific. If you're tempted I'd pay the extra few bucks for one that's not holiday-oriented.

citymama
12-04-2009, 12:27 AM
The Fall 09 playdresses are at $14.40 at the outlets if you want to place a phone order. I bought a set last week. Unfortunately the leggings are $16, but a set for $30 is a pretty nice deal.

katydid1971
12-04-2009, 02:03 AM
The stripes are a lot softer than the prints and they wash up better IMHO. I just bought DD the striped light blue/light green dress/leggings on Tuesday. DD wore it yesterday and loved it. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the red/white in the next size for next year.

Melanie
12-04-2009, 04:43 AM
The stripes are a lot softer than the prints and they wash up better IMHO. I just bought DD the striped light blue/light green dress/leggings on Tuesday. DD wore it yesterday and loved it. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the red/white in the next size for next year.

Same for the PJs. The stripes are always the nicest fabrics, IMHO.

TwinFoxes
12-04-2009, 08:35 AM
I think the striped ones could work after Christmas. I wouldn't wear them the first few weeks in January, because they will look leftover. But after that, they'll just be striped dresses. :)

alien_host
12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
IMO, the snowflake pattern is wearable all winter, I don't think this screams Christmas. I think the red/white stripe is too "candycaneish" to wear after the holidays. That one really looks like Christmas to me, even without a Christmas print.

Melarina
12-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, the salesperson at the Virginia outlet was really helpful. I had never called an outlet before and now I'm wondering why I never bothered -- what a good bargain.

Ordered two Playdresses in the fall patterns (stripes) and two pilot caps for DS -- Playdresses were 14.40 and caps were only $2!

So even with shipping it all came to $40.80 -- for a Hanna score, not too bad :)

No leggings available but that is fine with me. I just put neutral leggings or tights on DD with her dresses most of the time anyway which is cheaper that way too.

Thanks to the PP for sharing the outlet price on the playdresses!

Melaine
12-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow, the salesperson at the Virginia outlet was really helpful. I had never called an outlet before and now I'm wondering why I never bothered -- what a good bargain.

Ordered two Playdresses in the fall patterns (stripes) and two pilot caps for DS -- Playdresses were 14.40 and caps were only $2!

So even with shipping it all came to $40.80 -- for a Hanna score, not too bad :)

No leggings available but that is fine with me. I just put neutral leggings or tights on DD with her dresses most of the time anyway which is cheaper that way too.

Were there many colors of PDs available? I don't know any of last years colors but I'd love to find something purple.

catpagmo
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I think the striped ones could work after Christmas. I wouldn't wear them the first few weeks in January, because they will look leftover. But after that, they'll just be striped dresses. :)

:yeahthat: I think the stripes would be cute in the spring. Kind of nautical if you paired it with a cute navy sweater, and red/navy cropped leggings. Cute dress!

citymama
12-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Excellent! Glad you were able to take advantage of the deal. I love the sales reps at the VA outlet.

Were there many colors of PDs available? I don't know any of last years colors but I'd love to find something purple.

It's actually this Fall's playdresses that are on sale at $14.40 - I bought the bright blossom/coral set, which my DD loves. I did get the matching leggings, which I don't usually do, but I think that set looks really cute together.

Melaine
12-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Excellent! Glad you were able to take advantage of the deal. I love the sales reps at the VA outlet.

It's actually this Fall's playdresses that are on sale at $14.40 - I bought the bright blossom/coral set, which my DD loves. I did get the matching leggings, which I don't usually do, but I think that set looks really cute together.

Duh! You did say '09! Thanks....

ONE more question. Is shipping going to be the same pretty much from any outlet or am I better off calling one closer to me....is it like $10 or so regardless, like the regular website?

WatchingThemGrow
12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Duh! You did say '09! Thanks....

ONE more question. Is shipping going to be the same pretty much from any outlet or am I better off calling one closer to me....is it like $10 or so regardless, like the regular website?\
same, regardless. sometimes I'll call around or ask them to check stock at other stores to see who has the leggings we want or other items, then order from whoever has the most so I only pay one shipping charge.

Melaine
12-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks! Just made my first HA order! $62.80 for two playdress/legging sets. I got the orchid/pink. I think the girls will love the colors but I hope they don't stain to badly since they are lighter....oh well! I'm excited!

alien_host
12-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks! Just made my first HA order! $62.80 for two playdress/legging sets. I got the orchid/pink. I think the girls will love the colors but I hope they don't stain to badly since they are lighter....oh well! I'm excited!

welcome to the cult....I mean club ;)

BTW, which outlet did you call? DD is still wearing last year's PDs but they are looking a little short.

lablover
12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
FYI for anyone in the DC area....at least some of the stores (I was in the Tysons store) are taking 15% off everything in the store. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts. I bought 2 playdress/leggings sets. The dresses were $25 and the leggings were $12, so the total per set after the 15% discount was $31.45. Not bad I thought. I went ahead and replaced one of the dresses that DD cut holes in last weekend...figured paying $21.25 was worth the resale value.

Minnifer
12-04-2009, 04:39 PM
I've been trying so hard to resist but you guys are making it really tough! Just so I have this right - for those of you that just ordered from an outlet, you're getting the playdresses for $14.40 and the leggings for $16? TIA!

lchang25000
12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
This extra 40% off sale at the outlets ends on Sunday so be sure to plae your orders before then. One of the SAs told me they will be having a diff. sale starting Monday, hopefully this time it will include sleepwear. This current sale also includes all tops and sweaters for boys and girls and all baby/adult hannas.

lchang25000
12-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I've been trying so hard to resist but you guys are making it really tough! Just so I have this right - for those of you that just ordered from an outlet, you're getting the playdresses for $14.40 and the leggings for $16? TIA!

Leggings are $12-$16 depending on which colors you choose. Not sure if leggings are included in the extra 40% off.

Minnifer
12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks! I have a playdress sizing question - DD fits perfectly in 80 right now, with very little room for growth (she's a tall 18 month old). A few weeks ago I bought her a couple of things in 90 for next fall/winter, but now that I've seen them IRL I'm not confident they'll fit all season. So I'm debating ordering some playdresses in 100, still for next year - but I'm worried those will be *ginormous*. What do you all think?

alien_host
12-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I guess they are closing that store and they aren't taking phone orders....

Melaine
12-04-2009, 05:44 PM

BTW, which outlet did you call? DD is still wearing last year's PDs but they are looking a little short.

I called Oregon. I asked for double sets of 100s and they said they only had blue/navy and orchid/pink. I love the blue but wanted something purple for DDs. I would have preferred a darker set but assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the pansy purple would be OOS at all stores since they were OOS online.
They were very helpful and called me back when my phone cut off!

Melaine
12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
By the way, my total was $62.80 for the two dresses and two leggings....seemed good to me!

WatchingThemGrow
12-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks! I have a playdress sizing question - DD fits perfectly in 80 right now, with very little room for growth (she's a tall 18 month old). A few weeks ago I bought her a couple of things in 90 for next fall/winter, but now that I've seen them IRL I'm not confident they'll fit all season. So I'm debating ordering some playdresses in 100, still for next year - but I'm worried those will be *ginormous*. What do you all think?
My 75th for height 3.5 yo can still wear her 90 PD. She can also wear 100s, but the pants, esp. are on the very loose side.

Melaine
12-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I got 100's for my girls and am kind of expecting the pants to be way too big. I figure if I need to pair them other leggings this year that will be ok. Minnifer, I did notice that my kids' growth slowed down between 2-3. 1-2 they just shot up.....not sure if that is typical or not.

Minnifer
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks WatchingThemGrow and Melaine! My DD has always been around 95% for height, and I just got kinda nervous when I tried the 90s on her last week and they're only a tiny bit too big - but it does sound like the 100s might be too huge even next fall. Hmmm, I know this sounds terrible but I *have* been hoping her growth slows down a tad, lol!

alien_host
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I really think the Hanna sizing works, measure your child in cms and match it up to the sizing. When we go to the store she stands against the measuring wall.

You don't have to "buy big" for hanna if you follow your child's height.

Minnifer
12-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Yep, it definitely works if you go by the inches (not the years, that's for sure). Since she's already just moving into the 90s sizing range, I guess I still need a magic ball to figure out how much she'll grow between now and next fall, lol.

Momof3Labs
12-04-2009, 06:52 PM

My tall 3.5yo boy (43", 35lbs) can still wear 100s in Hannas, though he can also do 110s. They would be huge, absolutely huge on an 18mo-2yo girl. I'd expect her to fit in 90s all season.

momof2girls
12-04-2009, 08:09 PM

My DD wears the playdresses all the time and is 4.5 yrs old. She is also tall for her age and fits nicely in size 100 so if I were you I would size down. My other DD (also tall) wore size 90 well into age 3. HTH!

Minnifer
12-04-2009, 10:07 PM
My tall 3.5yo boy (43", 35lbs) can still wear 100s in Hannas, though he can also do 110s. They would be huge, absolutely huge on an 18mo-2yo girl. I'd expect her to fit in 90s all season.

I'm actually buying for her for next fall/winter, when she'll be 2 1/2 - 3. I went w/the 90s - if anything she can wear them this spring and hopefully next fall at least. Thanks everyone for your input - I only had time to call 2 outlets, and it was slim pickings - I did manage to score one playdress and leggings set in purple, plus 2 short sleeve and 1 long sleeve T shirt, all for $48 (plus shipping). Now I'm going to want to call the other outlets tomorrow just to see if anything else is kicking around... this really *is* an addiction!

jent
12-04-2009, 10:26 PM
...I guess I still need a magic ball to figure out how much she'll grow between now and next fall, lol.

or you could use the CDC growth chart: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/cj41l022.pdf

link to all the growth charts: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/clinical_charts.htm#Set1

Minnifer
12-04-2009, 10:48 PM
or you could use the CDC growth chart: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/cj41l022.pdf

link to all the growth charts: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/clinical_charts.htm#Set1

Good point. Eek - well, if she continues to be at 95% (which she has always been), from age 2.5 to 3 she'll go from approx 38 to 40 inches tall, which means she'll be just about out of the 90s before the season even really starts. Shoot - wish I had thought to look at the charts. Maybe I'll have to return everything after all, or hope that she slows down, but given that she's always been that %, I think I may be screwed...

citymama
12-05-2009, 04:16 PM

Yes, the playdresses are marked down heavily but not the leggings. I don't think you can find PD sets cheaper than this even at the big EOS sale - the leggings will be cheaper but prob. not the dresses, and it's near impossible to find sets then. The other option is just get the dresses, and pair with solid colored leggings (although HA livable leggings are not on much of a sale at outlets right now).

I think 90 will probably be fine - my super-tall 3.5 yr old (42 inches) can still wear her 90s, although more as swing tops than dresses. I bought her size 110 and it looks ginormous - but 100s are too short on her.

Ain't that the truth! As the Hanna phone message says, "Welcome to my world of comfort and softness" - nothing else will cut it once you've tried Hanna!

I ordered at Michigan City, which had a lot of PDs in stock when I ordered 2 weeks ago. Also the fairy/unicorn/butterfly tees at just $9! DD loves hers!

boltfam
12-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Good point. Eek - well, if she continues to be at 95% (which she has always been), from age 2.5 to 3 she'll go from approx 38 to 40 inches tall, which means she'll be just about out of the 90s before the season even really starts. Shoot - wish I had thought to look at the charts. Maybe I'll have to return everything after all, or hope that she slows down, but given that she's always been that %, I think I may be screwed...

Your DD could slow down even as far as what % she is in for height, too. My DS is in the 78th percentile and is 25 mo( he used to be in the 90-95%ile) and still fits into his 80s. I think you'll be fine ... we'll hope for the best!

I'm so glad to hear the outlet sale is still going on! Hopefully, I can get some good finds for DS.

nosh1
12-05-2009, 11:36 PM
I spoke w/a salesperson tonight, and she told me that the rest of the fall stuff (excluding accessories) will be on sale for 30% on Monday. So I purchased some dresses for 40% tonight, and since FedEx doesn't pick up until Monday, she put my other stuff (including leggings) on hold until Monday at add to the shipment. :bighand:

lchang25000
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
I spoke w/a salesperson tonight, and she told me that the rest of the fall stuff (excluding accessories) will be on sale for 30% on Monday. So I purchased some dresses for 40% tonight, and since FedEx doesn't pick up until Monday, she put my other stuff (including leggings) on hold until Monday at add to the shipment. :bighand:

I was also told that today and the sale that starts on Monday will also include sleepwear, unlike this current sale. LJs are currently $28 and zippers are $25 before the 30% off discount. This is at the outlets only. None of them have the holiday striped sleepwear in stock when I called today in case anyone was wondering. Glad I bought DS's on the swap board a while back!

Melaine
12-06-2009, 10:05 AM
So are the playdresses going to be any lower, or just the leggings?

citymama
12-06-2009, 02:57 PM
So are the playdresses going to be any lower, or just the leggings?

I don't think the PDs will go lower than the current $14.40. BTW, if anyone is looking, tights are still at a great price (if you buy any more than 1 pair, they're $9.50 each).

Melarina
12-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Pretty good deals on this hanna outlet sale: $64 with shipping

holiday overalls size 70 for $5

colorblock dress size 100 for $14

zipper size 80 for $17.50

zipper size 90 for $17.50

Very friendly and helpful CS at the VA store.

citymama
12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
BTW, for anyone looking, PDs are at a higher price at the outlets now - $20-25 - although leggings are cheaper at $12. Last week's sale was such a deal!