PDA

View Full Version : 5:30 a.m.?! Seriously?!

boltfam
12-04-2009, 06:48 AM
My DS is 25 mo. and usually wakes up between 6 and 6:30 a.m. every morning, which is earlier than I'd like. :wink2: The past two mornings, he has woken up by 5:30 a.m.

He takes 1 nap during the day for about two hours, usually from about 2:30 - 4:30. Yesterday, he was so tired for his nap, he fell asleep before I finished reading his books (something he NEVER does).

This a.m, DH's alarm clock went off right before 5 and was so loud, it probably woke up the entire house, including DS, but I don't know what it is other mornings.

I've tried keeping DS in his crib when he's yelling for "mommy" or "daddy" until at least 6-6:30, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I've tried putting him to bed earlier and I've tried putting him to bed later. He's going down at night b/t 8 and 8:30. Any suggestions for this tired mama? Oh, and I'm pg too, so I could really use the sleep!

SnuggleBuggles
12-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Sounds like he should have a morning nap too around 10-12. An overtired baby sleeps worse so maybe if you get this extra nap in him it will help? Just a thought. I think that staying up all the way from 6-2:30 is too long for a 25mo. I try and do nap time after 5-6 hours of being up, though I admit that my 24mo doesn't always seem to be ready for a nap yet then. Maybe the altered nap time is something to experiment with though.

GL! I agree, 5:30 is too early!
Beth

boltfam
12-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your response! I actually thought that as I was typing my first post, "I wonder if he's staying up too long before his nap." I'm going to try putting him down earlier today and seeing if that helps, although, it will prob. be a while before I see results.