PDA

View Full Version : Cybex, Blink, or Karoo?

berryberrykix
12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi there - Our son is about to outgrow his infant seat/snap and go combo, so I've been researching strollers to get. We'll primarily use it for errands in the car on the weekend. Looking for a good sunshade, easy, small fold, lightweight, good suspension (the snap and go isn't great), good recline options, foot/leg rest, spacious basket. We have a jogger for longer walks.

I was set on the BJCM because of all the great reviews on this board, but I've decided its footprint is too big for our needs. Has anyone compared the Britax Blink, Kekaroo Karoo, and the Cybexes? I'm not sure which Cybex I'm leaning towards - either the Topaz or the Onyx (I don't think we need something as fancy as the Callisto and the Ruby seems a little too spare to be our main stroller). What would your pick be? Are there others I should be considering?

Thanks!

strollerqueen
12-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Others I have had that I like are the Peg Perego Si', Inglesina Trip, and Maclaren Quest/Ryder/Tecnho. I do find that my baby prefers a legrest, seems much more comfy with one.

strollerqueen
12-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh, he also likes front napper bars, which is a feature I like on my Callisto.

smcdonald2
12-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I've never seen the Blink or a Cybex IRL, so I can't be much help there. (Although I think the Cybex colors are beautiful!) But I've seen and pushed a Keekaroo Karoo. The color choices are very limited - brown&red or brown&lavender - but the fabric is nice. Nice tall handles, smooth ride, smooth recline, cushy seat with plenty of room for a bigger kid, but lies flat enough for a newborn.

And for an umbrella stroller, the canopy and basket are quite respectable. Seriously, for $130 I can't believe more people don't have them. I knew they're new to the stroller market, but Keekaroo makes a great product. It's my SIL's only stroller and she loves it. They take it on walks, to the park, to the mall, you name it.

smcdonald2
12-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh, and if you like the BJCM, you could also look at the Joovy Kooper. Very nice stroller! I just can't use it because I have small hands (apparently) and the handles are too thick for me to grip. But it's got many of the features you want and the price is good. Unless you, your spouse, or your kids are tall. The Kooper seems to be made for short families.

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1028313_joovy_kooper_stroller_reviews