PDA

View Full Version : Advice on exchanging presents...

niccig
12-04-2009, 06:02 PM
My mum asked for a list of things for DS, and she bought them from Amazon or Amazon sellers.

1. Sticky Mosaics - but it's mermaids and DS isn't into that. I could give that to a girl we know for her birthday on Sunday, and buy DS another one that he will like and say it's from my Mum.

2. She bought the snap circuit 300 and the snap circuit 500. My understanding is that the 500 has all the 300 in it, plus 200 extra projects. So, I just need the 500. I did try to suggest an exchange to my mum, but she didn't quite understand that the 300 set is redundant because we have the 500 set.

Can I return the 300 and get credit to buy DS something else from my mother - will she know that I returned it?? She's probably not visiting until the Summer and maybe not even then. Thoughts?

Thanks.

pharmjenn
12-05-2009, 03:46 AM
You can return it to Amazon and get a credit placed. You have to call Amazon to get a return authorization, and if you make sure they enter it as a gift credit, not a return to credit card, it should be fine, and your mother will never know. You can see the instructions on amazons website under return info.
I attempted to do this last year with a gift from MIL. Amazon messed up and processed it as a return to credit card, so I had to tell MIL so she wouldn't get confused when she saw a credit on her bill. Very embarrassing, since it was a gift we had asked for, then forgot was still on wish list.