PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Tripp Trapp?

diegosmom
12-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I was shopping online the other day and saw several chairs that were similar to the Tripp Trapp but can't remember the names. Specifically, there was one that looked like it was step stool and even an adult could sit on it. Does anyone one know any of the names of the alternatives?

Thanks

diegosmom
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I found the name it's KeeKaRoo. Any opinions on KeeKaRoo vs. Stokkes Tripp Trapp? What are the pros and cons?

brittone2
12-05-2009, 12:25 PM
There's the svan, Kettler Tipp Topp, and One Step Ahead sells their own version as well.

FWIW, we have one Kinderzeat (precursor to the Tripp Trapp...3 pt belt instead of a 5 pt) that we purchased for my oldest, and a Kettler Tipp Topp I got for my 2nd DC when DS was still using his KZ.

I *strongly* prefer our KZ...finish is easier to clean, etc. The Tipp Topp was supposedly fine to use with young babies and DD was totally able to escape from the 3 pt harness and stand up in her high chair at like 8 months. We eventually (not recommending this, but this is what we chose to do) cut a 5 pt harness off an expired carseat we had and modified it to work with the Tripp Trapp. I got the TIpp Topp for a steal but honestly, never liked it. I really prefer our Kinderzeat. For baby #3 on the way, we will likely buy a new Tripp Trapp with baby seat.

eta: tripp trapp and the Kinderzeat (no longer sold) can both be used with adults. Many people use these chairs for an ergonomic computer seat, etc. for their preteens/teens, etc. I like ours because we homeschool and you can really adjust them so that the kids can have their feet in a good stable position to support their trunk, etc. which helps with handwriting.

Melaine
12-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Here is a thread about it. Someone shared her comparison of both with me. I would up finding the best price I could on Tripp Trapps and am VERY happy with them. However, I do think it would be great to have the free tray often offered for the Keekaroo if you have a younger DC. My girls were 2 and a half before I finally forked over the cash for the TTs so that wasn't really an issue.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318900&highlight=keekaroo

pastrygirl
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I've been very happy with my Keekaroo, and if I needed another one, I'd buy it again. I never used the tray because my son was old enough when I started using it (I had a Chicco Polly, too). The tray seems pretty small; I'm not sure that I'll use it. It's not a selling factor for me. I just really like the Keekaroo price! :)

Jo..
12-05-2009, 05:02 PM
We have the Kettler Tipp Topp, purchased on Amazon for under $100 and free ship. Love it and am hunting for a similar deal.