PDA

View Full Version : POP the pig? REALLY?

Melaine
12-05-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3636766

I've seen TWO commercials in the last 10 minutes for this. You feed it hamburgers and it's stomach grows and grows and finally explodes!!:barf:

Really???

TwinFoxes
12-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm not even going to look. That's gross.

WatchingThemGrow
12-05-2009, 09:01 AM
too bad it's oos

MamaKath
12-05-2009, 09:25 AM
:rolleye0014: I have to wonder what someone was smoking when they came up with that! Weird! Some people are pretty warped.

caleymama
12-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Eww and ick. We don't generally watch kids tv with commercials, but I just started tivo-ing Busytown Mysteries (Richard Scarry)for DDs. I think it's on CBS? They've gotten DVDs of it from the library and really like it so I conceded after we caught it by accident one day they were sick and having a TV day. Anyway, they're still getting the rhythm of the commercials so they can FF through them and we accidentally saw that ad the other day. I couldn't even watch it.

KpbS
12-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Gross! Who would want that?

Hey Melaine, I tried to send you a PM but your box is full. :)

alexsmommy
12-05-2009, 09:52 AM
:rolleye0014: I have to wonder what someone was smoking when they came up with that! Weird! Some people are pretty warped.

I get that one individual can have a warped idea - but for a whole company to actually produce this toy? Crazy.
I'm not even looking - too strange.

MamaMolly
12-05-2009, 10:20 AM
That is just twisted. How is that fun or educational? And did you read the reviews? From actual people who bought the thing. Because it was 'cute'. Puppies are cute. Kittens are cute. A game about feeding a pig until it pops is TWISTED.

Melaine
12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Gross! Who would want that?

Hey Melaine, I tried to send you a PM but your box is full. :)

Oops. Will fix. I am so bad about that. I send all these little short PMs then never delete. Not as bad as my email inbox I have over 800 unread messages.:loveeyes:

Ceepa
12-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I saw this board game on the shelf at TRU last night. It's called Gassy Gus. I didn't go near it but it seemed pretty gross. Now I see the description:

With each tasty dish players must pump up Gus and watch his belly grow bigger and bigger. Watch out for the big blast of gas! You never know when Gus will have a blow-out and give you a stinky penalty.

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/fundex_games/gassy_gus.cfm?source=google_base&utm_source=google_base&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=cse_December&cvsfa=1327&cvsfe=2&cvsfp=FU008-1

Who thinks up this stuff?

vludmilla
12-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Yuck. I am truly amazed that anyone has every bought this toy.

bluestar2
12-05-2009, 11:46 AM
OMG... just as I was reading this, that commercial came on! We only watch commercial TV for about an hour a week, and I had never seen it or heard of the toy before. It doesn't look appealing in any way (though I have to admit I laughed when I first saw your post because it was so shocking in a mind boggling way and I think the way you worded it was funny).

wendmatt
12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I saw this board game on the shelf at TRU last night. It's called Gassy Gus. I didn't go near it but it seemed pretty gross. Now I see the description:

With each tasty dish players must pump up Gus and watch his belly grow bigger and bigger. Watch out for the big blast of gas! You never know when Gus will have a blow-out and give you a stinky penalty.

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/fundex_games/gassy_gus.cfm?source=google_base&utm_source=google_base&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=cse_December&cvsfa=1327&cvsfe=2&cvsfp=FU008-1

DD has asked for gassy gus from Santa! The pig thing sounds too gross for words.

gatorsmom
12-05-2009, 01:06 PM
On behalf of all pigs out there I'm disgusted! Since when are hamburgers a healthy meal for a pig anyway? :ROTFLMAO:

Melaine
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
On behalf of all pigs out there I'm disgusted! Since when are hamburgers a healthy meal for a pig anyway? :ROTFLMAO:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Fairy
12-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh, I've got one that beats it. DS got this for his bday this year, and unfortuantely, he had it open before I could return it and also loves it. I just scratch my head and say whatkind of idiot thought up this crap? I mean, seriously, check out the nasty stuff you're supposed to dig out of there!

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/fundex_games/whats_in_neds_head.cfm

happymom
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM

The first review is from a teacher who used it in her classroom to motivate her students. And the second is from someone who used it at a birthday party! Oy.

happymom
12-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh, I've got one that beats it. DS got this for his bday this year, and unfortuantely, he had it open before I could return it and also loves it. I just scratch my head and say whatkind of idiot thought up this crap? I mean, seriously, check out the nasty stuff you're supposed to dig out of there!

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/fundex_games/whats_in_neds_head.cfm

:barf:. But at the same time, I could imagine your DS finds this to be hilarious!

egoldber
12-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Actually Ned's Head is really cool LOL!!!

daisymommy
12-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I know! I told Joshua that it was so gross (when we saw the commercial together), and he said "Mommy, he doesn't really pop, his shirt just gets too tight because he ate so much, that it pops off." I'm glad that he didn't really "get it" !

MamaMolly
12-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh dear. Gassy Gus comes with a back up belly. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Eeeeeewwwww.

Melaine
12-05-2009, 10:51 PM
*GAG*

OMG.....did anyone see the Thanksgiving episode of How I Met Your Mother....it's totally like Lily's Dad making the crazy games!!!

Fairy
12-06-2009, 12:54 PM
There was a commercial for Pop the Pig last night. Ugh.

I just don't see the toilet humor value in a game like this over the value in a game like Curious George's zoo game or even something like Don't Break the Ice. There are other games out there that do the same things these games do without the exploding porcines and flatulent, creepy uncles. And Ned's Head? No value at all, IMO.