PDA

View Full Version : Activities for 4 yo in car and airplane...

kayte
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Between Dec 19th and January 1st, my 4yo DD will spend 32 hours in the car and 22 hours (total) on three different airplanes. (not to mention time waiting in airports).

I have crayons, markers, plain paper, coloring book, mosaic sticker book, reusable sticker scenes, crazy 8's, go fish, magnetic tic tac toe, 2 new Signing Time videos, a cutting activity book with scissors and glue stick, iphone with several games loaded.....

And have asked a friend if I can borrow her iSpy bags.

What else can I take?????

ourbabygirl
12-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Lots of snacks, of course, as well as gum or anything she can chew/ suck on to relieve ear pressure in case that's an issue. Maybe a small fleece blanket &/or pillow for naps and to stay warm enough on the plane. How about one of those travel Bingo games? (I've seen some cute cardboard ones- maybe at Target?- where the kid slides a little door over to the side when she sees something that's on the gameboard, like a certain license plate/ road sign/ animal in a pasture/ etc. That would work for the car rides and certain ones would work for the airport and airplane.) Maybe a Magnadoodle-type thing?

Happy and safe travels to you! :)

cono0507
12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
We have an upcoming flight followed by the fact we are moving across the country in the spring (so lots of travelling). I just got my 4.5 yo DS a Leapster 2 for Christmas and a couple of games for the trips. In addition, the Crayola magic color sets, new books, and especially sticker books have kept him entertained on our 2 day drives recently. GOod luck!

kayte
12-06-2009, 12:08 AM
How about one of those travel Bingo games? (I've seen some cute cardboard ones- maybe at Target?- where the kid slides a little door over to the side when she sees something that's on the gameboard, like a certain license plate/ road sign/ animal in a pasture/ etc. That would work for the car rides and certain ones would work for the airport and airplane.)

I just google Travel Bingo ---Does anyone have the set from Melissa and Doug?

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-2091-Travel-Bingo/dp/B000VNXSOQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1260072490&sr=8-2

Review?

Happy and safe travels to you! :)

Thank you!!!

SnuggleBuggles
12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
I really liked the idea of the M&D bingo but iirc it is wooden and heavy- two things I don't happen to think of as good for traveling.

DVD player and some fun DVDs always work for us.

Beth

TonFirst
12-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Aquadoodle!