PDA

View Full Version : Air Travel & Cow's milk

foodiezen
12-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Would appreciate any advice. Have a 14 month old and will be flying next week. Can I bring cow's milk on board for him? TIA!

Thatchermom
12-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Yes, you can take it through security. You have to remove it from your carry on and give it to TSA separately. They will run tests on it and give it back. Takes a few minutes longer than a regular check but is not difficult. It did, however, freak my DD out to see some guy carry her milk away and between that and taking her shoes off she lost it. On the return trip I brought an empty cup and bought overpriced milk in the terminal.

pharmjenn
12-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Yes, you can bring a bottle or sippy cup for him. I brought a sippy full for my then 22mo DS. Pulled it out and it was put separately in a bin, the helper guy called to the guy watching the screen that it was coming. No special search done on it.
Just make sure you tell the screener and they will take care of you. And if you have the option, use the "family" line at security.

JBaxter
12-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Yes, you can take it through security. You have to remove it from your carry on and give it to TSA separately. They will run tests on it and give it back. Takes a few minutes longer than a regular check but is not difficult. It did, however, freak my DD out to see some guy carry her milk away and between that and taking her shoes off she lost it. On the return trip I brought an empty cup and bought overpriced milk in the terminal.

I would NEVER allow anyone to "run tests" on my childs drink nor have they.

I have had NO issues with taking Horizon organic milk boxes in the diaper bag. When Nathan was younger I told them he couldnt have juices ( non orgainc) and due to his diet ( no food dyes and reduced preservatives) he must have the orgainc. They never questioned it. I also have traveled with kleen Kanteens.

Thatchermom
12-06-2009, 01:38 PM
There wasn't much choice! I don't think you get to say no. ;) Especially after being on their naughty list for being non-compliant to a search a few years ago (got into a nasty situation because I DID say no to how they were WRONGLY searching DS) Trust me, you don't want to go there!

You can see what they are doing to the cup and I don't think it's an issue. They have done the same thing to my camera bags before, too. They just wipe the outside with a pad and put it in some kind of "sniffing" machine. They did not touch the top and never opened the straw cover. I wiped it down before DD had it back and didn't feel a need to worry about it.