PDA

View Full Version : Craving Pickles-lots of them,and anything w/ vinegar-like salad dressings?!?

turtle
12-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Let me start by saying that my daughter is almost 6 months old....my husband and i had sex once...yes just once since she was born in June-and this was probably 2 or 3 months ago already now. Strangely enough i've been really craving pickles-and lots of them...never have been a pickle person before-even when i was pregnant-so this recent urge to eat any pickles in sight has me a little concerned-as well as vinegary dressings-can't get enough of them either.

We used a condom -so it seems unlikely that this would be the case-and i've had my periods as well-but every once in a while it seems like i'm feeling a fluttering or tiny movements in my belly-similar to what i remember feeling while i was pregnant before...could it be?!?

What's more frustrating is that i just took the extra digital home pregnancy test that was left from last year this morning-and i got a "see leaflet" result...which i'm discovering either means i peed too much on the strip and caused it to error, or the battery is about to die,or the device is too old and becoming faulty despite it having an expiration of 05/2010?

I'm going to get another test for sure-b/c i have to know....most importantly b/c i'm taking blood pressure,and cholesterol medication that is harmful to baby...and if i am- i need to stop taking it immediately

I'm not nauscious,any more tired or achy or sore than i have been the past six months since giving birth so its hard to say-and i know every pregnancy is different...is having these strong cravings a sign?and could i really be feeling flutterings this early on if i were pregnant?

Thanks in advance

Melaine
12-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I guess it's possible, but I will say that since my pregnancy (three years ago) I have in general been more hormonal and tend to have more cravings. I just don't feel I've ever returned to my pre-pregnancy state completely. We've also discussed here the whole concept of "phantom kicks". I have definitely felt the bizarre feeling when not pregnant, so I don't think it means you are pregnant. I would still get another test but I don't think you are definitely pregnant.