PDA

View Full Version : P3 or Zippy?

michellerw
12-06-2009, 12:12 PM
A friend has offered to sell me her three year old (2006 -- it was used 2006-2009 and is orange) Peg Perego P3 for $75. I was in a local consignment shop yesterday and I saw an Inglesina Zippy of similar vintage (probably slightly newer -- it was navy and lime) for $150.

So I'm torn. Both are really nice. Both are well within my budget for a first stroller. Both will work with my infant seat (Britax Companion).

What I'd like to do with this stroller is have something to snap the infant seat into and then to use after my daughter is out of the infant seat. I feel like the two strollers have very similar features, although I've heard the fold on the Zippy is better. Weight is about the same, right? I drive a Passat.

What are your collective thoughts? I'm a first time mom and I pretty much had my mind made up on this one but now I'm really torn.

ellies mom
12-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I've had both. I used the the Zippy until my oldest was four and it suffered an unfortunate accident. I loved it. I bought a P3 with my youngest because we got a really good deal. And by the time the youngest was a year old, it was living in the garage with a Mac Quest living in the car. I just never liked it as much as the Zippy.

kristac
12-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I'd snap up that Zippy in a second!! The fold is alot better on the Zippy.

MmeSunny
12-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Def the Zippy. Much better fold. Less plasticy feeling as well (for me anyway!)

And there's a small part of me that enjoys not having the same stroller as so many other people (p3).

AnnieW625
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I would go with the Zippy, that one handed fold is amazing. Other than that I thought the two strollers were clones of each other. I have never heard anyone complain about the Zippy here, but last Spring when I was casually looking at strollers at The Right Start (before they closed) I asked if they kept the Zippy in the store anymore and the SA said that they were no longer carrying it because of complaints about it and such in regards to the level of manufacturing (ie: not as nice as it used to be). I'd read reviews on BRUS, and Amazon, and maybe Epinions to see what people think.

jacksmoma
12-07-2009, 01:44 PM
they are virtually the same stroller- just go for whichever has the cutest print :) imo the p3's have cuter prints in general but depends since you're looking at used ones. have you considered the bjcm with adaptor or a car seat frame stroller then a regular stroller after that?

citymama
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I vote Zippy! Absolutely love ours, had it almost 4 years now.

codex57
12-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I thought they were virtually identical other than the fold. The more I played with the P3, the more I realized how different it is. Sorry, but I think the Zippy is a far superior stroller.

3blackcats
12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I haven't pushed the p3, but the Zippy to me does not feel nice at all. It feels wobbly and not very sturdy. And I kept kicking the back tires and I'm only 5' 5".

jacksmoma
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
I haven't pushed the p3, but the Zippy to me does not feel nice at all. It feels wobbly and not very sturdy. And I kept kicking the back tires and I'm only 5' 5".

i had the SAME problem with my old p3 (first stroller ever!)- i'm only 5'3" and i ALWAYS kicked the back wheels on that stroller- it was beyond annoying! its the way the handlebar comes out and the double back wheels close together- bad combo! i NEVER even come close to kicking the back of my bjcm- one of the many reasons i love it!

carolinamama
12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Sounds like alot of people are saying Zippy. I've never pushed a Zippy but we've been extremely happy with our P3. I've had it since 2005 and it is still going strong so I don't think you can go wrong with it if you go that route.