PDA

View Full Version : Is this a dumb idea?

misshollygolightly
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
So I stupidly volunteered to make something(s) to donate to the holiday bazaar fundraiser of our local homeless shelter. (Disclaimer: I am not an artist, but I do 'crafty' things occasionally, and my good friend works at the shelter--she's the one who asked me.) Problem is, I don't have anything made already, don't have time to do anything elaborate, and don't want to spend much on supplies. I figured I'd make some greeting cards--a pack or two of Christmas ones and a pack or two of Valentine's Day ones. I have another idea, but I wanted to run it by y'all first. I was thinking I could cover/decorate a neat cardboard box with hinged lid (or maybe an empty oatmeal container), and fill it with new scissors, tape, two pens, and a pack of 8-12 handmade gift tags. It would be a sort of gift-labeling or gift-wrapping kit. So first off, is this a stupid idea? Would anyone buy it? Second, what would you call it? I want to make a label that tells what it is and describes what is in it. Ugh. How do I get myself into these things?

goodnightmoon
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I like it! I'm always re-using gifts bags and NEVER have gift tags to use. I would buy it for the handmade tags alone, but like the idea of the decorated box too. :)

kedss
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I think its a great idea :) I would buy it! You could call it an 'Gift Wrapping in a Box' or 'All Wrapped Up' :)

frgsnlzrds
12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I'd buy it. Maybe toss in a spool of ribbon to tie on the gift tags with?

misshollygolightly
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks, ladies! Love the "all wrapped up" title! Ribbon is a nice touch too--think I have some! Thanks for the encouragement ;-)

MamaKath
12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks, ladies! Love the "all wrapped up" title! Ribbon is a nice touch too--think I have some! Thanks for the encouragement ;-)
I think it is a great idea! I just did a gift of embossed cards, so easy, quick and well received.