PDA

View Full Version : ISO Something Like BumpyName Orbit Labels

lisa928
12-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I need to buy a bunch of 'orbit labels' for my twin girl's sippy cups. I see them for sale at inch bug, but I am wondering if there is someone else who sells something similar for cheaper or if they ever go on 'sale' at inchbug.

http://www.inchbug.com/1a1.html

Thanks in advance.

bubbaray
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Not that you asked for input, but we have those exact labels (from that retailer, who is fine) and I MUCH prefer Mabels Labels or similar.

JMHO.

lisa928
12-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I never heard of them, but will look them up. The main purpose is for my twins sippy cups at daycare so I am up for different ideas. Thanks!

maydaymommy
12-06-2009, 10:21 PM
FYI: regular stick on labels will work on sippy cups and hold up in the dishwasher. You don't have to use the slip-on style

vonfirmath
12-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I bought some of those exact labels for my son's 1st Christmas. He's over 2 years old and we're still using the first package (in fact, I think there may be still 2 labels IN the package). They've worked great for bottles and all kinds of sippy cups he has used so far. And the name has not rubbed off at ALL. I paid full price and they are COMPLETELY worth it.

It becomes best of all now that he occasionally ends up with the same sippy cup design as someone else in the class. Since his has a green band around it, it is immediately easy to see, from any direction, which sippy is his.

For your twins, I'd get different colors :)

MommyAllison
12-07-2009, 12:30 AM
We bought ours through co-ops, which made them a little cheaper, but the minimum for co-ops is high, and so they aren't run very often. I agree that they last forever! We've been using DDs for 2 years and run cups thru the dishwasher w/the labels on, and they still look brand new. We're very happy with them.

bubbaray
12-07-2009, 12:35 AM
I agree they last, but so do Mabels labels. I've still got labels on DD#1's cups from 5 years ago. I had to take some off this summer so DD#2 could use those cups -- none of the original labels were close to coming off. I highly recommend Mabels Labels. JMHO.

vonfirmath
12-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Can you peel the Mabels Labels off and put them on a different cup? That's what I do. I don't have to leave it on the bottle. I can take it off and put it on a different bottle, or even a cup. If the cup with the label on it is in the washer, I just take the label off and snap it onto the sippy cup that is actually being taken out of the house that day.

Of course, I'm not a fan of adhesives either. So that is definitely influencing me here.

bubbaray
12-07-2009, 01:23 AM
No, they are pretty permanent. Like I said, ours have lasted through five years of dishwashing.... They come in multipacks. Virtually every child's sippy/waterbottle and most food containers are labelled in our house.

When you remove them from the item, there is no adhesive residue left -- at all. The adhesive isn't like anything I've seen before.

Like I said, I have both those and the bumpy labels and much prefer the Mabels. To each their own, I guess.