PDA

View Full Version : What is up with my son?

Corie
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
What is up with my son?

While at Disney last week, he told Piglet that he was bacon.

Then, at Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch, when he made his "Wish Upon
a Star", he told my husband that he wished for another ball for his ball-sack.
DH told him that it might be uncomfortable walking around with 3 balls.

I'm exhausted.

MamaMolly
12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeowza. I'm guessing in about 4 years this is going to be really, really funny. Right now it is kinda...yeowza. Hey, my DH wants to know how old your DS is. I think he's impressed.

Corie
12-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeowza. I'm guessing in about 4 years this is going to be really, really funny. Right now it is kinda...yeowza. Hey, my DH wants to know how old your DS is. I think he's impressed.

My son just turned 5 yrs. old in October. Unfortunately, my DH and I laughed
when he said it. It just sounded so funny to us that he wished for another ball.

MeISOE
12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
WOW - I agree, will be funny when it isn't fresh and with a glass of wine/beer. I'm so glad my DS has a limited vocab right now (2 yo). This post came at the right time as I curled up in bed at 8:30 from a rough night with my son. No consolation, but thank you for the chuckle. Wish I could help more.

MamaMolly
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Good! I'm glad you laughed! I was a little shy to admit that I did too when I read it :). Seriously, he's a funny kid. Nothing is wrong with him.

Corie
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Good! I'm glad you laughed! I was a little shy to admit that I did too when I read it :). Seriously, he's a funny kid. Nothing is wrong with him.

I have an inappropriate sense of humor so I laugh at this stuff. Heck, my
Dad laughed hysterically when I told him.

Globetrotter
12-07-2009, 12:49 AM
I think it's funny, but we are all like this so I understand :)

DrSally
12-07-2009, 12:51 AM
:ROTFLMAO: I had to laugh too.

hillview
12-07-2009, 01:00 AM
OMG. HILARIOUS. I will have to tell DH what we may be in for with DS when he turns 5 :)
/hillary

bubbaray
12-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Come over and join us on this other 5yo thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=343799

5yo. So.much.fun. NOT.

essnce629
12-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Omg, that is way too hilarious!!!!

carolinamama
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Sorry I laughed too. That is really funny. From my preview with my 4 yo DS and his friends (some are 5), I don't think there is anything wrong with your DS.

billysmommy
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
DH and I have been laughing about it all weekend. We told Billy yesterday and he fell off the bed he was laughing so hard :)
DH commented yesterday that you should have gotten him one of the giant Balzac balls at Epcot

And Benjo has been talking non-stop about the Piglet and bacon incident

Corie
12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
DH commented yesterday that you should have gotten him one of the giant Balzac balls at Epcot

Every single time we passed those carts, he kept saying he wanted a Ball-sack.

deannanb
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
:hysterical:
I thought it was funny!

kozachka
12-08-2009, 02:15 AM
Your DS is not only normal but he also has a wicked sense of humour. I can see my DS saying something similar (because he did), he is just now learning to 'filter' what he says in public.

JTsMom
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
:hysterical: And welcome back! I looked everywhere for you guys at Ohana- were you wearing a blue fleece jacket by any chance?

Corie
12-08-2009, 12:34 PM
:hysterical: And welcome back! I looked everywhere for you guys at Ohana- were you wearing a blue fleece jacket by any chance?

I was wearing a turquoise v-neck sweatshirt. I think I wore it every morning
and every evening. (I only brought the one sweatshirt!)

We were seated near the beginning. Our hostess walked us in and picked
up our pineapple bread then she turned us right and we walked about 20 feet
straight ahead to our table.

You may have walked right by us on your way out or you might have exited out
the opposite side of the circle.

elizabethkott
12-08-2009, 12:53 PM
That's just HILARIOUS.
Way to make the pig=bacon connection, though!

mommy111
12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I have an inappropriate sense of humor so I laugh at this stuff. Heck, my
Dad laughed hysterically when I told him.
Ya mean other people don't laugh when their kids say stuff like that? ;) I would be ROTFLMAO

JTsMom
12-08-2009, 01:42 PM
What time was your ADR again? DS and I were walking out around 8:30 or so (DH was still at the table taking care of the bill), and I passed a family of 4 walking in, and did a double take thinking that the little girl looked like your daughter, but that the mom's hair was lighter than I thought yours was. I was able to see every family coming in, and though for sure I would spot you, but I never found anyone that looked even close until we were leaving.

We were seated in the back by the windows. I *think* I was wearing a blue shirt, but can't remember for sure. DS had on a blue Mickey/Minnie/Goofy/etc shirt (characters are sledding and playing in the snow).

I was wearing a turquoise v-neck sweatshirt. I think I wore it every morning
and every evening. (I only brought the one sweatshirt!)

We were seated near the beginning. Our hostess walked us in and picked
up our pineapple bread then she turned us right and we walked about 20 feet
straight ahead to our table.

You may have walked right by us on your way out or you might have exited out
the opposite side of the circle.

hellokitty
12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Lol, your son sounds just like my 4 yr old, who my DH and I think is a total wise ass. He says the worst things, but we can't help but laugh, his humor is beyond his yrs.

Corie
12-08-2009, 03:37 PM
What time was your ADR again?

Our reservation was at 7:50am. But we were late! I think we got there
about 8:10am. We did have a little wait though. So maybe it was us
that you spotted.
I do remember a woman giving me the look. She had a look on her face
like she was trying to find someone. :) It was outside the restaurant.
We had just walked by the Polynesian quick-service breakfast area and we
were headed to the hostess stand.

It would have probably helped if I knew what you look like!! I had/have
no clue!

Corie
12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Lol, your son sounds just like my 4 yr old, who my DH and I think is a total wise ass. He says the worst things, but we can't help but laugh, his humor is beyond his yrs.

My brother laughs because he says DS's humor is just like my husband's.

veronica
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
You know, your son and my daughter should hang out.

DH is the one the kids wrestle with , so he constantly jokes "watch the family jewels" or he will say "watch my nuts" but he enunciates it "noots".

Well, DD and DS were wrestling the other morning and DD starts to cry because DS hit her in the noots!!!!!!!!

JTsMom
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
This was closer to the pineapple bread. We really should have swapped cell numbers or something. I remembered seeing a Halloween pic of your kids, and one of you in some thread or another, and IIRC, you and your daughter look a lot alike, so I thought you'd be easy to spot.

I was the one who looked totally exhausted, and about 20 months pregnant, with a huge chunk of gray hair that I couldn't dye b/c I was still just barely in my first trimester when we left. LOL

hellokitty
12-08-2009, 05:01 PM
My brother laughs because he says DS's humor is just like my husband's.

LOL! My DH was telling ppl at work that DS2 is a wise ass and they all said, "Like father, like son!" We are really think that that some day he will either make a lot of $ as a stand up comdian or get beat up for some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Every time his preschool teacher says to me, "Oh, I have to tell you something," I hold my breath, b/c I'm afraid DS2 said something a preschooler shouldn't be saying. However, usually it's something else, so maybe he says most of his wise ass cracks just to us. Today he told my friend who was volunteering in class, "preschool is sooooo boring!" She thought it was hilarious, I don't get it, b/c he LOOOVES preschool. He also told his art teacher (separate from preschool the same thing). His teacher calls him her, "out-of-the-box" thinker and loves him, and has no clue that this kid has a rude and crude sense of humor.