PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for Xmas gifts for men!

infocrazy
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I have WAY too many men to buy for in my family with no ideas. I have my dad, brother, uncle, 2 male cousins, and three teenage nephews. They have all been terribly NOT helpful.

What are YOU getting the men in your life?

truly scrumptious
12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
My Dh loves these fleece ear wraps, so I am getting them for a couple of people this year:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Thermacheck100FleeceEarWrap~175068_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::MXT&CM_MERCH=SRCH_00001&origin=search

And if you use this link to get to them, you'll get free shipping.

http://bit.ly/84V2fV

ETA: I also bought someone the Colby charging station from Pottery Barn which was posted on sale for $29.99 on this board a few days ago. All the men in my life are "gadgeteers"

ray7694
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Gift cards. Itunes and food.

BabyMine
12-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Tools and video games.

Tondi G
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
socks and underwear!

Ipod

iTunes gift card

movie tickets gift pack (2 tix, 1 lg popcorn and 2 lg drinks)

Xbox wireless controller

re-chargable batteries and station

polar fleece scarf and gloves

infomama
12-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Clothes and a spray bed liner for his truck. I always include handwritten coupons in his stocking for fun stuff (like 'go pick up a pizza' or 'backrub')

mommylamb
12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
My DH and my BIL both keep Amazon wish lists. DH is the easiest person to buy for on my list BY FAR. he would't say the same about me.

Twoboos
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Just picked up a Nautica set with long sleeve tshirt and flannel pants for DH - TJMaxx, $19.99. If I hadn't just gotten some for my brother last year, he'd be getting them too! Who doesn't love comfy pants?? :)

hbridge
12-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Wind Up Flashlight
Wind Up Radio
Travel Coffee Mug
Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer
Nice Gloves
Timbuk 2 Bag
ITunes Card

wendibird22
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Itunes gift cards
Dress socks (the men in my life wear there's until their heels bust through!)
Athletic T's from their fave team
track pants
fleece/flannel sleep pants
beer (we have a local microbrewery that I get DH a "club" membership to)
quality earbuds (the ones that come with ipod and mp3 players aren't the best)

MommyofAmaya
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
We got my brother an old school safety razor kit after being inspired by lifehacker. Now DH wants one too.

http://lifehacker.com/5313711/learn-the-economical-art-of-wet-shaving

tmarie
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
slingbox--huge hit last year
itunes gift card
wii
new docking station for ipod
grill tools

lizzywednesday
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Our go-to gift for the impossible-to-shop-for guys in my family (um, my brothers and my BIL) is the gift card thing - iTunes for my brothers, Home Depot/Lowes, etc., for BIL.

For FIL, we get a list from MIL. (It's mostly golf clothes; thank G-d for the Izod outlet!!!)

For my dad, anything we give him makes him smile. I usually buy him clothes; it's easy to shop for him because I know all his sizes and we have the same coloring, so if it looks good against my face, it'll look good on Dad. (Last year, I bought him a nice wrinkle-free dress shirt and cashmere v-neck sweater from Joseph A. Bank menswear.)

For my step-dad, anything we give him makes him smile, but it might be about that time to replace his Rutgers polo shirt again! (He wears the ones I've bought for him in the past CONSTANTLY.)

For my Grandpa, I usually ask my mother what would be good. I think the last thing I got for just him was a button-down shirt.

MoJo
12-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Chaunacey,

My DH is newly into old fashioned double-edge safety razor wet shaving too. He actually hangs out at Badger and Blade (a shaving website) as much as I hang out here! I've learned that beyond the various kinds of razors, there are a whole variety of blades from all over the world, shaving mugs with special soap, and old-fashioned brushes (that's where the "Badger" comes in). Since my DH already has all that, I'm getting him some nice aftershave.

And some T shirts and lounge pants. (He buys all his own dress clothes and never thinks to buy those things)

And a book or two (faith and politics)

DB is getting a few shirts & a couple of books (video gaming and Irish factoids). He normally has a list of DVDs he wants, but he's not admitting what they are this year b/c he's out of work and can't buy gifts for us.

I'm letting DH pick out what to give his father and two brothers, because I'm just not into it this year. I know he found some Mannheim Steamroller (which they are really into) Cinnamon Hot Cocoa (which I think sounds disgusting).

DH's favorite gift last year was almonds from Sunnyland Farms.

Oh, and DH is playing secret santa at work. His male co-worker asked for and is getting things with Santa, snowmen, candles, and something related to his favorite college sports team.

I think I'm getting a political book for my boss. I've done this in the past, and he likes it so much he comes back and gives me "book reports" as he's reading.