PDA

View Full Version : Need opinons--maclaren easy traveller for Keyfit 30 or wait for BJ adaptor?

TwoBees
12-07-2009, 01:38 PM
My original plan was to get a Mac easy traveller for our Keyfit 30 and a BJCM. Now BJ is releasing an adaptor for the keyfit sometime soon. Do I get the Mac or wait for the BJ adaptor? DD will be coming home from the NICU in the next few weeks but I doubt we will be going anywhere but the Pedi's office for a while so waiting until mid-Jan for the adaptor might not be an issue.

jacksmoma
12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
ooo hard one! i'd go for the easy traveler since it's about the same price and you get more than a "bar" for your money! the bj adaptor is nice too but i'd probally be easier to resell your mac instead of the bj adaptor. either way you'll be fine tho!

AnnieW625
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
I :heartbeat: my Maclaren Triumph so if I needed a stroller frame (already have my Vista and Graco adapter, but can get a Key Fit one if I decide to go that route) I'd go with the Easy Traveller hands down.

strollerqueen
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
My DS was a preemie (although no NICU time), and I carried him everywhere. If I had to go to the Doc's, I just took him out of his car seat and carried him. So much easier, and better for him. You could also put your baby in a flat reclining stroller, so you wouldn't need to mess with the car seat at all.

arivecchi
12-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I would not buy either one. :D I'd rather spend that money on a good baby carrier. Babies should not spend too much time on the car seat (they get flat heads, etc.), so I only limited myself to using the car seat in the car and if we'd go out to eat (while they were in the newborn sleepy phase). OTT, we'd always carry the baby in the baby carrier or a stroller with a fully reclined seat. I did purchase a car seat adapter bar and never used it.

babychi
12-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't have experience with the BJ adapter, but we use the Mac Easy Traveller with our KeyFit and absolutely love it! It's well worth the $80 or so to keep it in the trunk anytime the baby is sleeping to be able to run a few errands without waking her up. It also has a great resale value and I plan on using it when we have #2 or handing it down to a friend or sister.

I also try to limit the amount of time spent in the car seat, but having a "travelling system" option is really important (IMO), especially in the first few months.