PDA

View Full Version : TMI: Has anyone had a breast infection...

pinkmomagain
12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
...when no longer bfing?

My dd is 4 and its been about 3 yrs since she weaned. For the past few years, every once in a while I would check and notice that I can still express some fluid. Sometimes after doing so, I've noticed that my breast would be painful for a little while. Fast forward to the day after thanksgiving when I went for my yearly obgyn exam. He did a breast exam and gave a little express squeeze. Well a few days later I notice one breast starting to hurt accompanied with pain in my arm pit. I also start having periods of dizziness and queasiness and general malaise...and a couple of days towards evening I've had chills. Once I was in bed freezing with layers and my temp was 99.

I don't know if I'm just fighting off some virus and my breast pain is just cycle pain (I'm 42 and every year the mamogram radiologist tells me that the breast pain is just going to keep getting worse)....or if I have a clogged duct/infection. Anyone know how to tell? I feel a little stupid calling the dr since I was just there.

Any BTDT?

DrSally
12-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I would call and see what he has to say. Do you generally feel tender around that time of month? So you have any other sx of a virus?

ThreeofUs
12-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Gosh, it sure does sound like you have a breast infection, doesn't it? I agree with Sally - call your doc and tell him (or his assistants) what's going on. But make sure you have child care lined up! I'd bet he has you come to his office pretty quickly....