PDA

View Full Version : DD teething on crib slats

drako
12-07-2009, 08:51 PM
DD has been teething on the crib slats. I have noticed it but today as I was changing her diaper a small piece of wood came out of her mouth. It is a convertible crib so I was hoping to get to use it as a double bed down the road. Have any of you dealt with this and if so what can I do? I only found teethers for the rail not the slats. I did come across a product called wonder bumpers but I am wondering if they are worth the price. They are individual pieces of fabric that zipper on each individual slat. They can be found here:

http://www.gomamagodesigns.com/

I just don't know what to do. I need something so DD doesn't get hurt and the crib totally ruined.

Any suggestions?

DrSally
12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
There's also a clear plastic guard you can put on.

drako
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
The plastic guards that I have found are only for the top rail not the individual slats. Are there plastic guards for all of the slats? We have about 38 of them.

DrSally
12-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh, sorry, I must not have read your post carefully enough. I've only seen them for the top rail. There was a stage when DS really chewed on that top rail. Have you thought of trying a breathable bumper. Maybe that would be enough to cover the lower parts of the rails so it would be "out of sight, out of mind"?

AshleyAnn
12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
my hand me down crib has a few bite marks in it. i consider it 'character' :) not ruined. have you looked at breathable bumpers? they make a full length product - sold on thier website, not sure where else - that would help. does she have teethers in her crib at bedtime?

nak - sorry for the lack of capitalization i'm still new at 1 handed typing. :)