PDA

View Full Version : Hair clippers

drewsmom4405
12-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Anyone have any advice on some good hair clippers? My DH has started cutting his own hair and often nicks himself. Says he should really have "good clippers." So ... any hairdressers/barbers or people who just know about clippers in Baby Bargain Land?

TIA!
Kathleen

MacMacMoo
12-07-2009, 10:48 PM
My mom is a hair stylist. She's bought us a couple of clippers for DH since he's in the Army and needs trims constantly.

Anyways she always gets us the Wahl brand clippers. The last one she got us was the Wahl Peanut and we used it to shave DS's hair over the summer when it was really hot.

JBaxter
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Wahl brand has been standard for years ;) I got mine at Sally Beauty supply but Walmart sells them too.

BabyMine
12-07-2009, 11:20 PM
I have the Wahl Arco SE. My DH and I love it becasue it is cordless. I bought it off ebay brand new for $100.

http://www.horse.com/Wahl-Arco-SE-Cordless-Clipper-BJD58.html

JBaxter
12-07-2009, 11:53 PM
I have the Wahl Arco SE. My DH and I love it becasue it is cordless. I bought it off ebay brand new for $100.

http://www.horse.com/Wahl-Arco-SE-Cordless-Clipper-BJD58.html

We had cordless one for a while but the battery ( operator error LOL) didnt get a full charge and quit in the middle of a buzz cut for us once. We now only have corded clippers

larig
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM
the wahl peanut is a new favorite in the salon where I get my hair cut. Very small and quiet for clippers. I think I might need to get some (I cut DH's hair and will likely cut DS's too).

Tondi G
12-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Yup Wahl is the way to go. I have some other cheap brand right now cause our good pair just went and died on us.... so far so good with the Target cheapie. When these die I might consider paying $ for good ones again!

sunriseiz
12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Slightly OT...hope no one minds. We have the Wahl Peanut and it's great as far as I can tell, but DH looks like he just enlisted every time he cuts his hair. I don't mind helping, but not sure what to do. Any suggestions on using clippers to get a 'style'?