PDA

View Full Version : Hanukkah clearance at Target YMMV

emschwar
12-08-2009, 09:05 AM
At our target all the hanukkah stuff (one whole endcap!) was on clearance 50% off.

srkaplan
12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Did you shop today? I just purchased a few things yesterday at full price! :(

emschwar
12-08-2009, 01:42 PM
I shopped yesterday. Interestingly, I went to the other target in our area today, and the hanukkah stuff was still on clearance, but only 30% off at that store.

sewarsh
12-08-2009, 02:06 PM
land of nod has some things on sale too with free shipping:
http://www.landofnod.com/hanukkah/toys-gifts/1

we have the play set and it gets lots of use. made by kidkraft.
my MIL got the kids the countdown calendar and placemats which they'll get on sunday when we celebrate.

Seitvonzu
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
i've found that hannukah stuff rarely goes more than 40% off around these parts...i'm not sure why that is? i think it might be bcause they bring the same stuff out year after year, whereas christmas is "new"ly designed each year. i was on the look out for a mennorah for a while and finally got one 2 years ago (rare 75% sale)-- i even bought the candles for it! DH found it in the missing christmas box, but i think we'll incorporate that "extra" tradition next year. we're skipping our advent wreath too because we found it late, it needs a little repair and we'll be travelling for a whole week of advent. we are catholic, but i love the menorrah story and tradition -- i think it's so hopeful. i love anything that involves candles and reflecting. i saw the most beautiful beeswax menorrah candles at whole foods and i'm still kicking myself for not buying them!

maydaymommy
12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
i've found that hannukah stuff rarely goes more than 40% off around these parts...i'm not sure why that is? i think it might be bcause they bring the same stuff out year after year, whereas christmas is "new"ly designed each year. i was on the look out for a mennorah for a while and finally got one 2 years ago (rare 75% sale)-- i even bought the candles for it! DH found it in the missing christmas box, but i think we'll incorporate that "extra" tradition next year. we're skipping our advent wreath too because we found it late, it needs a little repair and we'll be travelling for a whole week of advent. we are catholic, but i love the menorrah story and tradition -- i think it's so hopeful. i love anything that involves candles and reflecting. i saw the most beautiful beeswax menorrah candles at whole foods and i'm still kicking myself for not buying them!

uhhh. . . Just so you know, that "menorrah story" is actually a celebration of a military victory.