PDA

View Full Version : Teething necklace

BabyMine
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I need to get one but I noticed there were different sizes. Is one better than the other and do these really work? Is Sophie better than the necklace?

JBaxter
12-08-2009, 03:04 PM
The amber teething necklaces arent to chew on. We dont have a sophie ( we have a dog and it looks to much like his dog toys ;) ) We do have a amber necklace that is supposed to lesson the teething symptoms.

BabyMine
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
How is the necklace supposed to help teething? Now I feel stupid. I always thought they chewed on them.:duh:

JBaxter
12-08-2009, 03:51 PM
How does amber work? Amber is a natural analgesic (pain reliever) and is a natural and traditional European remedy for teething discomfort. When amber is worn on the skin, the warmth of the skin releases trace amounts of healing oils on the skin, helping babies and young children stay calmer and more relaxed through teething. Amber is also recognized for its anti-inflammatory properties and benefits to the skin (helps diaper rash too!)

Jack's is from Inspired by Finn
http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/

BabyMine
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Have you found that your necklace has worked? I am desperate. M never went through teething this bad. I feel so sad for TT.

JBaxter
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Jack hasnt had bad teething and is now working on molars Not to bad either some suffiness slight rashiness ( but we use cloth diapers so that helps too). Jack is the happiest of my 4 so.. Maybe it works but it is awesomely cute on him

MommyAllison
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
We've used them, and I do think they've really helped DS through teething. I should have had him wear it everyday though. Now he isn't used to it, and he's old enough that he plays with it, puts it in his mouth, etc so I don't let him wear it much (we already have the smallest size, so can't go down a size either. We have one from Inspired by Finn as well - they're great! If I was doing it over, I'd get an adjustable bracelet and put it on my kid's ankle. They weren't available yet when we bought ours, but that would be perfect, and you could leave it on them 24/7 without worrying about strangulation.