PDA

View Full Version : Options for my 2007 Odyssey ...

sarahbrown29
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
With #4 coming in June (surprise!) I am trying to think about options for DD1-3 plus available carpooling (which I am PRAYING is possible!) In terms of seats, we have: Roundabout, Frontier, Safety 1st Uptown, Radian, and Evenflo HBB. I'm going to be getting a bucket for DC4 (TBD), so that will be a factor. I am willing to have DD1 in the HBB for short trips or for the other person carpooling, but not for every day use. So I need some help figuring out configurations of seats so that I won't have to move seats around every day.

I am also not opposed to buying one new seat, but we really can't afford more than one. DD1 is 47#. DD2 and DD3 are around 25-28# each. I just switched them FF, so they don't have to be RF (unless the seats fit better that way!)

I don't care who goes where ... my only request is that if I have three across and the infant seat is one of them, that DD1 be next to the baby (DD2 and DD3 are less reliable!!)

TIA!

WatchingThemGrow
12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Have you (or someone else) tried the Radian in the plus one seat? I've heard it fits, then you could have the baby behind you and DD2 and 3 in the way back, although hard to get to for buckling.

sarahbrown29
12-10-2009, 12:43 PM
has anyone tried these combos in a 2007 (or similar Odyssey):

3rd row: FF Radian, FF Frontier, FF Radian?

3rd row: FF Radian, RF bucket seat (model TBD and flexible), FF Radian

I suppose I can buy a Radian with free return from Target to check it out ...

bubbaray
12-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I think you are unlikely to get anything beside the FR if it is center 3rd row. I believe that someone on car-seat.org has gotten 3 across, 3rd row in a new Ody, but it was using 3 RNs.

bubbaray
12-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Have you (or someone else) tried the Radian in the plus one seat? I've heard it fits, then you could have the baby behind you and DD2 and 3 in the way back, although hard to get to for buckling.

There is no TT on the +8 seat, so if at all possible, it would be best to put a RFg seat there. I have heard, but have not tried, that a RFg RN fits there, as do various infant seats.

kristyv
12-10-2009, 02:03 PM
We're in the same position (surprise #4 and also do some carpooling).

Can anyone tell me what the acronyms are for? What is RN?
I know RF = rear facing and FF = forward facing.

Sarah -- are you trying to do 3-across in the middle? Or the back? I'm hoping to do 3 in the back...and then 2 in the middle.

bubbaray
12-10-2009, 02:07 PM
RN = Radian
FR = Frontier
HBB = high backed booster

sarahbrown29
12-10-2009, 03:33 PM
We're in the same position (surprise #4 and also do some carpooling).

Sarah -- are you trying to do 3-across in the middle? Or the back? I'm hoping to do 3 in the back...and then 2 in the middle.

3-across the back row. I figured that would be easiest to keep seats there. I have fit three across with an Evenflo HBB (high back booster), FF RA (Roundabout), FF RN (Radian) but it is really hard to buckle the seatbelt on the booster and I don't want to have DD1 sit there unless we are carpooling (not as safe as a harnessed seat.)

I don't really care where everyone goes, I just need to be able to wedge that HBB in there sometime when I need it for carpooling.

kristyv
12-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to let you know that we were able to get 3-across the back seat of our 05 Honday Odyssey.

We had 2 Marathons FF on the sides and a Graco HBB in the middle. It's not easy to get the HBB buckled, but it can be done. We also have a Britax Parkway SG...that was too wide to get back there. (I think the Graco HBB is 16.5 inches and the Britax Parkway is 17...so that 1/2 inch made a difference.)