PDA

View Full Version : Bing cashback is a nightmare!

Globetrotter
12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with Bing cashback? I purchased something from Dell and had some trouble getting my cashback, but it finally posted after some intervention from customer service. Then today they cancelled it for no known reason! I didn't return the item so it is still due to me.

I put this here because I know a lot of us bargain hunters are using Bing nowadays. It's not worth the trouble, IMO.

cindykop
12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with Bing cashback? I purchased something from Dell and had some trouble getting my cashback, but it finally posted after some intervention from customer service. Then today they cancelled it for no known reason! I didn't return the item so it is still due to me.

I put this here because I know a lot of us bargain hunters are using Bing nowadays. It's not worth the trouble, IMO.

Here's what I have found. Bing Cash back only really gives me cash back about 25% of the time. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but I seriously haven't had much luck with it for months.

Puddy73
12-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I've tried Bing a few times but have NEVER received any cash back. I'm sticking to good old ebates now.

ECMom
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I've always gotten my cash back with once exception. That was when I once used a coupon code. I read on slick deals to always get a screen shot of the %.

triple_j
12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I love Bing cashback! I have never had any trouble. Even when I have forgotten to log in first and then went to a member store to purchase, when I have emailed Bing customer service, they made sure I got my credit.

TwinFoxes
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I love Bing cashback! I have never had any trouble. Even when I have forgotten to log in first and then went to a member store to purchase, when I have emailed Bing customer service, they made sure I got my credit.

OK, all of my good mojo has gone to you, because I only have bad Bing mojo. I've used it 8 times, 4 times I've had to contact customer service. And I've never used coupon codes. I'm convinced they know I'm on a Mac! ;)

ett
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
So far I've gotten all of my bing cashback even when I've used coupon codes. I've had to email them on several occasions but they've always credited me the cashback.

Jajsmom
12-08-2009, 09:13 PM
How long does it take for them to get back to you? I've contacted them twice this week on cashbacks that didn't go through. I've sent them confirmations but have yet to hear back.

LD92599
12-08-2009, 09:21 PM
I've used it several times and always got the $$ back. I'm on a mac too, so that's not it ;-)

Also, DO NOT use google checkout if you're using BING, that's the one time my $$ didn't automatically come through and i had to inquire about it (and got it). I've gotten alot of $$ back through bing so it does work (think 30% on ebay purchases when it first came out!).

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I have never had an issue...

lowrioh
12-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I've used bing a lot (over $400 CB this year) and never had a problem until this week. I placed orders at Walmart and Macy's and neither one has shown up yet. I've emailed bing about them but haven't heard back yet.
I got a new computer at work and the cookies were disabled when I placed the orders so that might have something to do with it. I'm hopeful that it will work out because it was for 20 and 25% CB

poohbear
12-08-2009, 11:07 PM
How long does it take for them to get back to you? I've contacted them twice this week on cashbacks that didn't go through. I've sent them confirmations but have yet to hear back.

It can take a couple of days. Did they send you a case number email to attach your order confirmation to? I've found they've been pretty good about resolving issues (though I'm still working out an issue with 50% back from Magazines.com, but I had screenshots, so I think that helps. Hopefully it will get resolved)...

NancyJ_redo
12-09-2009, 01:36 AM
I saw something on SD that said cashback is taking a lot longer to post this week (average on Macy's F&F orders seems to be about 4 days, so I'm not yet worrying about my own CB that has yet to post!), probably due to the volume of online purchasing going on right now. And, Bing changed their terms to state that if you haven't received the CB notice within 5 days of your order (used to be 2 days), then you should contact them.

So all that to say, I think things are moving a lot slower over there the last few weeks due to the increase in online shopping.

I shop with Bing pretty regularly and I've never experienced a problem yet and it's all been very easy. I've probably used them at least 30 times and so far so good. I guess this Macy's order will be the big test, and come to think of it I'm waiting to receive notice on a recent Gap purchase also.

srhs
12-09-2009, 01:56 AM
I agree. When I go to the site, it shows me logged in. When I attempt to click on my account, though, it prompts me to log in. When I enter my login, it tells me "No need to sign up again!
The email address you entered is already linked with a Windows Live ID and a cashback account."
I emailed them about it, and they replied, "I know it is easy to create a new email address when trying to sign up for the cashback program."
:confused:

chlobo
12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Anyone know what Dell was last Thursday? I'm trying to remember if I shopped through them.

BargainMomforLuke
12-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I've never had an issue. The biggest purchase gave me 50% back ($700). I was sweating about getting that one but had no issues.

Globetrotter
12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
The biggest purchase gave me 50% back ($700). I was sweating about getting that one but had no issues.

:47:WOW, that is HUGE! I guess they are having massive discounts to attract new people, but it doesn't seem very reliable.

Jajsmom
12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I got one CB today and another email this morning to resend my order.So I should get it in a few days.

It can take a couple of days. Did they send you a case number email to attach your order confirmation to? I've found they've been pretty good about resolving issues (though I'm still working out an issue with 50% back from Magazines.com, but I had screenshots, so I think that helps. Hopefully it will get resolved)...

NancyJ_redo
12-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I've never had an issue. The biggest purchase gave me 50% back ($700). I was sweating about getting that one but had no issues.

:47:WOW, that is HUGE! I guess they are having massive discounts to attract new people, but it doesn't seem very reliable.

Was your CB the Watchery or Ashford deal? My biggest one was $1050 thanks to the great Ashford deal (watches) this past summer.

Melbel
12-09-2009, 10:29 PM
I agree that bing is a bit of a pain, but I love the large CB potential. In 6 months, I have earned $361, a far larger amount than any other CB site. It is so nice to get 20-25% CB on diapers, formula and Christmas gifts. I have had to follow up on at least 1/2 of my bing purchases which is annoying. Thus far, I have received all of my CB.

BargainMomforLuke
12-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Was your CB the Watchery or Ashford deal? My biggest one was $1050 thanks to the great Ashford deal (watches) this past summer.

It was the Watchery deal. DH loves his watch!

Here's my total TD & no issues:
Total cashback $983.87

TwinFoxes
12-10-2009, 02:24 PM
I wonder if certain stores are the trouble makers? My problems have been mostly with overstock.com and dermstore.