PDA

View Full Version : DisneyWorld week before Xmas?

marchmommy
12-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Is it very crowded/busy? Or is it better than the week after Xmas?

Momof3Labs
12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
The week after Xmas is the busiest week of the year. Wall-to-wall people, looooong waits for rides, parks closing mid-day to new entrants. You couldn't pay me to be there that week. The week before Xmas is busy but not as busy as the week after. Here is a crowd calendar for December to show you how the days compare:

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=14

kbud
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
We are FL resident seasonal pass holders. So our passes are blacked out the busiest times of the year. We are blacked out from 12/19 - 1/1. So yes it will be very crowded before x-mas but the most crowded time of the whole year is the week between x-mas and New Years. I went one day a few years ago that week and it was terrible. You also could not pay me to go back at that time. MK reached capacity and was closed for a bit. You basically could not move in the park.

marchmommy
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm traveling with two older DDs and a 10 month old, so I'm a little nervous it won't be manageable w/a baby if it's too crowded...

Momtothree
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
We went to Disney last year the week before Christmas. It was wonderful. Hardly any wait. And the weather was perfect. Having said that, our last day there was the Sunday before Christmas and the amount of people seemed to tripple at MK. It was literally wall to wall. I don't know if it was because it marked a new week (beginning of vacation for people), or Christmas itself. But it was insane. We were exhausted from trying to get through the crowds. And we were told the week after is busy also because of New Year celebrations. Hope this helps.

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
We're going Dec. 16 to 23. Still haven't decided what parks on what days. Do you think it's too late to join Tour Guide Mike? Would he give info to help us better plan our days to avoid crowds? Anyone have experience with trying his advice?