PDA

View Full Version : A couple carseat questions if you dont mind....

happymom
12-09-2009, 12:52 PM
DD is 12 months old and about 18 lbs (I think). I thought she would stay in her snugride 22 through the winter, but she is very squished in it- I can barely get the straps over her arms without hurting her. I dont understand how anyone is in there at 22 lbs. Anyways, I want to order her a Britax Boulevard ASAP. I'm looking at a few choices on Albee.

1- Evening Sand- $229. Not sure what year it is, and I dont love the colors. But not bad.

2-Sutton- $219. Good price, but again not sure what year it is. I really dislike the colors on this for a girl.

3-Meghan- $219. Great price, and its a 2009. Don't love the print (maybe its nicer IRL?) and not thrilled with buying such a girly design when I plan on having more kids.

So...my question is- should I get the Meghan and plan on buying a new cover if I have a boy? Or just go with the Evening Sand even though I don't know what year it is (and don't love the colors)?

Also, I need to buy a seat for DH's car as well. I don't want to spend as much money though. He drives a Honda Odyssey. I would like something with a decently easy install though, because he will probably uninstall and reinstall every so often when he needs the seat space for work stuff.

Thanks!!

Joolsplus2
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
The Snugride is also outgrown when the head is one inch from the top of the seatback. The listed height is 29 inches, and you're lucky you've gotten to use it as long as you have! If she still has lots of space over her head, make sure you've got the straps hooked to the loosest loop on the back, there's a newborn and a bigger baby length to hook to the metal splitter plate.
You can call Albee to see if they can give you the manufacture dates off the box, but unless they say they are pretty old (like they did have one or two models clearly listed as 2007 and priced lower accordingly), then I don't think you'll get one that's too old, maybe anywhere from 2-9 months old seems normal for higher priced albee items. I'd probably go with Evening Sand...

As for your second seat, the Roundabout 50 or First Years True Fit are really nice choices, anything will fit easily in an Ody once you have a little practice. Evenflo Triumph Advance is also nice, or any Sunshine Kids Radian (a nice choice because it folds up... that could be extremely wonderful if you ever travel by air and don't want to lug a bulky bulky seat.).

happymom
12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks so much Julie! You always reply so quickly and I really appreciate your advice.

Just wondering- does anyone here have the Evening Sand? Do you like it? How's the fabric? Thanks!

lorinick
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I like the Sand, but don't like the fabric. We have the Sutton. I love the pluch fabric. Much better than I like the fabric on our MA which is the same fabric as the sand BV your looking at. I find the shinner fabric to get really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter. Just thought I'd mention it.

happymom
12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I like the Sand, but don't like the fabric. We have the Sutton. I love the pluch fabric. Much better than I like the fabric on our MA which is the same fabric as the sand BV your looking at. I find the shinner fabric to get really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks Lori! Now I'm starting to doubt myself...I was going to get the Evening Sand for $206- diapers.com matched the $229 and I get 10% off for first time purchase. Good deal, huh? But if the fabric isnt comfy for DD, I would rather go with the Sutton for $219. $13 is no biggie really. Unfortuantely diapers.com doesnt have the sutton fabric.

Still debating about the second carseat...on the one hand, the sunshine radians look nice, but on the other hand I could get an Evenflo triumph LX for $90....I hate making these decisions.

happymom
12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to thank you for your help again. I ended up buying the Boulevard in Sutton. Lori, thanks for telling me about the fabric!

sunshine873
02-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Just wanted to thank you for your help again. I ended up buying the Boulevard in Sutton. Lori, thanks for telling me about the fabric!

What is the manufacture date of the Albee Sutton? I think I'm going to order it, just want to make sure it's not too old...thanks!