PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Question: Address Book Switch

srhs
12-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Ugh, this is annoying.
I used Reply All to send a message to my family. Now, all of my contacts are now switched over to the sender's, ie. my dad is now "Uncle Dave," my mom is now "Aunt Jill," and typing "dad" now gets me original sender's dad.
:help:

khm
12-09-2009, 06:01 PM
You mean when you type DAD in the "to" box, her DAD comes up instead? Weird.

You can delete all of those and they'll eventually repopulate with the right ones. They didn't really change in your address book (I don't think), they've just gotten messed up in the dropdown "memory".

Start typing DAD, highlight it and hit delete. Do it for all of the errant contacts. You will no longer have a DAD in the dropdown, but it will eventually come back into the dropdown's memory.

srhs
12-09-2009, 06:15 PM
You mean when you type DAD in the "to" box, her DAD comes up instead? Weird.

You can delete all of those and they'll eventually repopulate with the right ones. They didn't really change in your address book (I don't think), they've just gotten messed up in the dropdown "memory".

Start typing DAD, highlight it and hit delete. Do it for all of the errant contacts. You will no longer have a DAD in the dropdown, but it will eventually come back into the dropdown's memory.
YES! That's what happened. Ok, will delete and see if that does it. Thanks!