PDA

View Full Version : Face all itchy

Reyadawnbringer
12-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I just started to use Proactiv last night because my face has been horrid with breakouts the last several months and it is driving me crazy. My face felt great after washing- non-greasy for the first time in several months!

When I woke up this morning though my face was red (not super red, just a little pink I guess... almost like I went running outside). On top of that is it itchy, but not everywhere... only in little splotches.

Is this normal?

lizzywednesday
12-09-2009, 04:24 PM
What's in Proactiv? Are you/could you be allergic to any of the ingredients?

I remember reading the spot-treatment masque has sulfur in it, but I can't figure out anything else.

Reyadawnbringer
12-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't have the stuff handy in front of me but this is what it says on the website:
prescription-grade benzoyl peroxide with sulfur and soothing botanicals like allantoin, panthenol, aloe, and chamomile

I don't think I am allergic to any of those things, but I don't know for sure.

lizzywednesday
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I know, for myself, if I use benzoyl peroxide I do get extra drying so I tend to only use products with salycilic acid instead. (Of course, that's off limits now with Baby on the way ... )

The other I'd be cautious about is chamomile. If you're sensitive to ragweed, chamomile might become a problem too.