PDA

View Full Version : "Filler" ornaments - where do you buy yours?

L'sMommy
12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Ok, so this year DH wanted to get a huge tree in honor of DS's first christmas! Normally we get a 6 foot tree, this one is like 8.5 feet. I was on a ladder hanging up the ornaments!! Taht said, I ran out of ornaments (plus some of my lights stopped working *after* the tree was decorated, but that is another story). I want to get some cheapo filler ornaments because next year i'm sure we will have our normal size tree. I was thinking of target....any other ideas? i haven't bought ornaments in years as I have been getting them every year as gifts. plus i go to pier1 the day after christmas to stock up - i love their ornaments.

octmom
12-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Buy some glass balls all in one color and spread them around the tree. They kind of tie it all in together without it being monochromatic if you have a lot of different kinds of ornaments. You can buy them anywhere (Target, etc.) and they are cheap. I've got red glass balls on mine.

ohiomom1121
12-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I got a huge set at Costco a few years ago of various sized (really tiny, to really large) red and silver balls. They had them in red, green and gold as well. Some are plain, some striped, some polka dot. There are a TON of them and they were $23. They have them again this year. I love them...plus they are unbreakable, so no shattering if they fall.

octmom
12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
I got a huge set at Costco a few years ago of various sized (really tiny, to really large) red and silver balls. They had them in red, green and gold as well. Some are plain, some striped, some polka dot. There are a TON of them and they were $23. They have them again this year. I love them...plus they are unbreakable, so no shattering if they fall.

Oooh, that sounds good! I wish we had Costco here.

GaPeach_in_Ca
12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I got my filler ornaments at Rite Aid a few years back. A box of 10 multi-color glass ornaments was $2, I think. I got 5 boxes and hadn't broke one until last weekend. ;)

I was in Rite Aid last night and saw they had similar inexpensive ones.

baileygirl
12-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Target/Costco...having a baby and a toddler I buy the shatter proof ones.

cmo
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
We got some shatter-proof ones at Target last year, and they have worked out very well. We use them to decorate two tree-shaped live rosemary plants that we set on our front porch. Today was very windy, and one of them blew over, and all the ornaments were fine. That, plus the kids' man-handling them, and they are still going strong!

newg
12-09-2009, 10:07 PM
walmart too

citymama
12-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Seriously? The dollar store. DD and I bought a bunch of colorful glass balls (non breakable, so I guess not glass!) in different colors at $1 for a box of six. And we hit Salvation Army for some attractive vintage ornaments at 25-50 cents a piece. (We do have some nice ornaments too, but she was really keen to pick out some and the last trip we had to Crate and Barrel she filled the cart with about $100 in expensive, but nice, ornaments!)