PDA

View Full Version : Mamabargains.com customer service

panjabear
12-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I ordered the Minui - HandySitt from mamabargains.com and was so excited to get it in the mail. However, the thing doesn't work! It was $72 with shipping and it's useless - the arm isn't moveable. I've tried emailing and calling customer service with no response. Anyone else have this problem? I'm pretty mad because no where in the description does it say discounted but defective Minui - HandySitt. :(

TwinFoxes
12-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Make sure you don't wait too long before you contact your cc company to dispute the charges. I think the limit is 60 days, but you should check. Not saying it will come to that, but know your rights!

mollys_mommy
12-09-2009, 07:17 PM
um, i've never heard a good thing about mamabargains customer service. be wary. VERY wary. and dispute asap. and the lady who runs it gets nasty real fast. :o(

Radosti
12-09-2009, 08:31 PM
really? I had purchased a timi & leslie diaper bag and the one handle ripped off. I called and the lady was very nice. She had one bag left and she sent it to me free of charge.

LMPC
12-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I have never had any dealings with them, but the way they write their disclaimers annoys me (even though I do order from them from time to time) -- they are real snarky and not very customer friendly IMO. When I do order from them, I kind of know I am doing so at my own peril.

Melbel
12-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I received an extremely snarky and unprofessional response to some constructive criticism re. the shipping charges (used to only show shipping charges after putting in CC # and the charges seemed disproportionately high). Based on this experience and that of others on this board, I will not do business with MB.

Sweetum
12-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I haven't had a good experience either. They offered USPS as an option, and when I didn't get my package, they condescendingly advised me to not use the "cheaper" option - why offer it????:mad:
nope, not doing business with them again - I don't like condescending stores - makes me wonder if they need me or I need them.
Oh, btw, now they are "advertising" the "cheaper" option on their website.

DrSally
12-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Good to know. I've gotten some emails from them recently, and will not even be looking at their website. Why should it matter which shipping option you choose as to whether you actually get your package or not? They should all deliver, just to different degrees of speediness.

veronica
12-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I just have to say that I had issues when they first started up with a bag. The owner, was awful. I won't go into details, but it got ugly. IMO, the risk is not worth the payoff when it comes to their site.

WatchingThemGrow
12-10-2009, 07:53 AM
I ordered the Minui - HandySitt from mamabargains.com and was so excited to get it in the mail. However, the thing doesn't work! It was $72 with shipping and it's useless - the arm isn't moveable. I've tried emailing and calling customer service with no response. Anyone else have this problem? I'm pretty mad because no where in the description does it say discounted but defective Minui - HandySitt. :(
What do you mean it doesn't work? I have one, and maybe I can help. Isn't there a screw inside the leg to help the wood on the arms slide up and down?

panjabear
12-14-2009, 02:23 AM
as an update, i did finally hear back from MB. one of the arms did not slide, even with the bolt out - the other side worked just fine. i emailed handysitt and their distributor and MB, and heard from the distributor in a few hours, and they offered to send me a new one! i heard from MB 2 days later and they were going to contact the distributor. so in the end, problem solved!

Chag78
12-14-2009, 03:00 AM
I was going to get a Stokke Trip Trap but now I want to get this instead! Looks awesome.