PDA

View Full Version : How cold is it today?

arivecchi
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Woke up to a windchill of -21 and a temp of 1 degree in Chicago. My windows and doors were frozen shut. :)

MoJo
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
A balmy 17 degrees right now with a windchill of -2 at the moment in central Ohio. I can feel the breeze on my fingers as I type, because the computer is right in front of a window.

And it's not even winter yet.

At least we don't have much snow or the ice that's been causing problems elsewhere.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
It is 7 here in Flagstaff, AZ. DH had to defrost the car door, to open it....

mommylamb
12-10-2009, 12:43 PM
It's in t he mid 40s in DC. I used to live in New England and my blood has seriously thinned since moving to Virginia. Don't get me wrong, it gets cold here, but now I bitch about what I consider to be cold and it is nothing like cold in Boston.

Reyadawnbringer
12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
It's 41 here with a windchill of 35. I know... its warmer here than pp's but, it was just 73 like 2 weeks ago. So for me it feels much colder because my body never had a chance to adjust.

lchang25000
12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
About 10 degrees here right now. Stopped snowing a couple days ago but will start again this weekend.

mama2g03
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
1 degree right now with windchill of -15 in Nebraska. And we are on day three of school closings. Ahhhh! I wish we could at least go outside for a little bit but not with those temps. We did for a little while yesterday when it was 5 because I was getting desperate.

caleymama
12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Sunny and 36 here in NY ("downstate") right now. Supposed to be colder tomorrow, though.

niccig
12-10-2009, 12:55 PM
It's 41 here with a windchill of 35. I know... its warmer here than pp's but, it was just 73 like 2 weeks ago. So for me it feels much colder because my body never had a chance to adjust.

Same here. In SoCal it's 46F at the moment. I know not cold for others, but 2 weeks ago I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. For us, it is cold.

mamicka
12-10-2009, 01:00 PM
currently 0 with -21 wind chill. At least its sunny.

AnnieW625
12-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I was 48 when I got out of the car this morning in Santa Ana. It was 40 when I left my house a little closer to the coast. I don't mind the cold much.

MontrealMum
12-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Right now it's 0 (celsius) and beautifully sunny. It was maybe -1 or -2 earlier. They started clearing the streets last night and did some snow removal this a.m., so I'm getting ready to go out and dig my car out in order to move it to the cleared side of the street. Temps and snow cover is normal for this time of year. May take a walk later this afternoon with a friend.

Somehow I always forget what a QC winter is like and the first real snowstorm hits me like a ton of bricks each fall!

catpagmo
12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
It's 16 degrees here in Denver right now. Brrrr! A couple days ago it was in the single digits all day, so I'll take 16! It's supposed to get up to 48 this weekend.

Wow, that'll be like a heat wave compared to the last week, or so.

JTsMom
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
It was in the low 30's this morning, but I think we're up to mid 40's now. I thought it was freezing here, but I've got nothing on most of you!

rlu
12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
43 right now with an expected high of 54 and rain today. Earlier this week we had overnight freeze and ice on the sidewalk as we walked to school on Tuesday. We had hopes for snow last Mon but none on the valley floor (but the hills had a nice layer of snow that melted Mon).

It's all relative. I sent DS to school in his heavy jacket, scarf and gloves on Tuesday and now he's back to a zip-up sweatshirt and baseball hat. If it doesn't rain during recess/lunch, he'll probably play outside in just his long-sleeve shirt and jeans.

elephantmeg
12-10-2009, 02:03 PM
30 deg with a windchill of 20's.

LarsMal
12-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Woke up to a windchill of -21 and a temp of 1 degree in Chicago. My windows and doors were frozen shut. :)

This is why I love to visit Chicago (DH has friends/family there), but will never ever move there!

I think it's about 40 and windy here today.

fivi2
12-10-2009, 02:09 PM
My computer is telling me it is 39 out right now. Which is unusual for us in central texas this time of year. I am not at all prepared!

arivecchi
12-10-2009, 02:11 PM
This is why I love to visit Chicago (DH has friends/family there), but will never ever move there!

I think it's about 40 and windy here today. Tee hee! I love days like this. I know. I'm weird. My favorite days are blizzard days. Where are you located? MA?

LarsMal
12-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Tee hee! I love days like this. I know. I'm weird. My favorite days are blizzard days. Where are you located? MA?

VA...we'll be heading out that way in a couple weeks.

DH is of the opinion that once it's cold, it's just cold, but I don't buy it! Chi-town and Central IL are on a whole different level of cold than out here!

Reyadawnbringer
12-10-2009, 02:16 PM
You know... I actually LOVE the cold- when I am prepared for it.

I have no adequate clothes for this though because as pp mentioned... it TEXAS- we never really expect it to get that cold. Also, it does just feel like it had finally cooled down a little bit (mid 70's) and then WHAM freezing!

It actually did snow here the other day. And no, I am not talking about slush- I mean full on fluffy snowflakes. Granted, it didn't last long, but even the fact that it actually stuck to the ground was amazing.

DS LOVED it!

elliput
12-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Not as cold as it was yesterday. Current temp on my back porch is 22 (not sure of wind chill). Yesterday when I took DD to school the temp was 8 degrees with a wind chill of -11.

Twoboos
12-10-2009, 02:33 PM
It's a balmy 37 here now, but all that cold air is headed to New England!! We're in for it Fri/Sat.

citymama
12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
It's 45 degrees outside and maybe 49 inside. California homes have the worst heating and even worse insulation. I am sitting here in furry boots and fleece jacket indoors. I was on the east coast last week and never felt as cold as I do all day during a damp and temperate SF winter! The only times you're warm are under the shower or huddled up in bed.

I know I shouldn't be complaining given all your single digit weather but at least you have indoor heating!

slworld
12-10-2009, 03:03 PM
23 right now.

MaiseyDog
12-10-2009, 03:08 PM
42 today in central Mississippi which I know isn't very cold for some of you all but we've had the craziest weather. We woke up to snow on Saturday morning, had tornados and 70 degree weather on Tuesday, and cold again today.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-10-2009, 03:10 PM
It's 45 degrees outside and maybe 49 inside. California homes have the worst heating and even worse insulation. I am sitting here in furry boots and fleece jacket indoors. I was on the east coast last week and never felt as cold as I do all day during a damp and temperate SF winter! The only times you're warm are under the shower or huddled up in bed.

I know I shouldn't be complaining given all your single digit weather but at least you have indoor heating!

When we live in So. City it was horrible! Flagstaff seems warmer, at least we get sun instead of fog. But here the ice sucks!

Snow mom
12-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm in the "freezing in a warm climate camp." It's currently 43 but I am so cold!

maestramommy
12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow! -21?? That takes me back:p

We were at 40 this morning. Quite balmy:loveeyes:

randomkid
12-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I have all of you beat - for being the warmest, that is! It was 83 here yesterday, partly cloudy and hot. Currently, it's 62 and raining. Supposed to start heading back up into the 80s again this weekend. DD keeps asking me when it is going to get cooler here. I don't envy your temps, but some cooler weather would be nice! I also wish it would stop raining so DH could put up Christmas lights and mow the lawn, which is growing like crazy from all the rain and warm weather we've had!

boltfam
12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Where are you? I'm coming to visit! 14 degrees here with a wind chill of -5. I will not be leaving the house today.

MontrealMum
12-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I can't believe some of the temps you guys are having in the South and the Midwest...it's warmer here, and that rarely happens! Even with the sun going down now it's -2 (28.4F) and the windchill is only -11 (12.2F). Now I know why my friend in Kansas was posting on FB about long underwear!

MamaMolly
12-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I have all of you beat - for being the warmest, that is! It was 83 here yesterday, partly cloudy and hot. Currently, it's 62 and raining.

:BUMP: I've got you topped, it is currently 86 and partly cloudy. And for us it *IS* a cool day.

ilfaith
12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
It's in the mid-50s here in northeast Florida. Yesterday it was in he low 80s.

rlu
12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
You know... I actually LOVE the cold- when I am prepared for it.

I have no adequate clothes for this though because as pp mentioned... it TEXAS- we never really expect it to get that cold. Also, it does just feel like it had finally cooled down a little bit (mid 70's) and then WHAM freezing!

It actually did snow here the other day. And no, I am not talking about slush- I mean full on fluffy snowflakes. Granted, it didn't last long, but even the fact that it actually stuck to the ground was amazing.

DS LOVED it!

We lived in the NE corner of Texas near Arkansas for 18 months, so 2 winters, and we had exactly 2 snow days. One shortly have we moved there in 2003 and I had to leave work early and drive home in the snow (first time ever!) and the second was Valentine's 2004 (a Saturday). The dogs loved the snow and one of my fav pregnancy pictures is me on Valentine's day standing in the snow in our back yard.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
We set a recrod at -2 last night. I have class tonight, and it should be 15ish when I get out, possibly snowing...