PDA

View Full Version : I can't go down this road again.

newbiemom
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
So, I stopped nursing in mid-October. It was a very, very gradual weaning process, no problems. Just yesterday, I started feeling some tenderness in a specific area in my breast, almost feels like how it feels when you get a clog. I think I can feel something there, it's hard, moveable, it's tender, but not round. Kinda a flat-ish area. But this can't be a clog now, 2 months later, can it? I made an appointment to see the Dr, it'll be next week. It'll be a long weekend.

The last time I felt a breast lump, I went down a mental tailspin, first convinced i had breast cancer but that they missed it, then convinced that I somehow had any other type of cancer that you hear about on the news. It got to be very depressing being around me. Not that i mentioned it to anyone, but inside, I was in an emotionally very bad place. I got out of it ( and honestly, I think it was hormonal, because the day I finally got my period, was the first day in a long time I did not think I was going to die of cancer, felt like a heay weight lifting)
I think I even posted about it here, but I didn't talk to any doctor, because very soon after that was when I got my period and started feeling much more normal.
Anyways
Just need some hugs. And also P&PT, that this is nothing serious!

wellyes
12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
:hug: I have been there, done that with worst-case-scenario thinking. Lumps are very very common and it's probably nothing. Just like last time, right? Good luck.

Swimfreak78
12-10-2009, 02:10 PM
BTDT as well. Is it near your period? Sometimes I feel lumps then than during specific times of the month. :hugs:

Kitten007
12-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Just sending you PT&T nothing serious and a hug:hug5:.

bubbaray
12-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Very likely its a plugged duct. My GP says your milk doesn't dry up for 6 MONTHS. I would talk to your dr about how to deal with the plug. You don't want to pump unless its absolutely necessary as you will stimulate more production, KWIM?

TwinFoxes
12-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Very likely its a plugged duct.

I totally agree...in fact I posted a few months ago because I got a plugged duct several weeks after I weaned...and my boobs even started leaking again! What the??? I had to do the whole hot compresses thing, but I didn't want to pump because I didn't want to start lactating. :( It was very sad for me because I didn't want to wean (I had to start taking medication) and it just made me want to start nursing again. But the plug went away pretty quickly. Good luck!

gatorsmom
12-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I got plugged ducts after I weaned. Those were the worst because I had such a hard time getting rid of them. It was really tempting to start nursing again just to get rid of them.

Saying some p and pt that you are just hormonal and that everything is fine. :hug:

MamaMolly
12-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I get these painful fibrous lumps especially around that time of the month. They have been checked, re-checked, etc. and are nothing. I wish I could remember the proper name for them! But I wanted to say that if it isn't a plugged duct it could be one of those.

newbiemom
12-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the reassurance! It's good to know that this possibly could be a clogged duct. I had no idea there was still milk in there...they've deflated so much, it's just hard to believe!
To be honest, a part of me is still very very worried, but I'm pushing that voice down, and until the doctor says she's concerned, I'm going to have to fight my fears.
It really really helps to know that a clogged duct after weaning is common, though!