PDA

View Full Version : Whats your childs (and yours) favorite soundtrack cd for the car?

jess_g
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
My ds loves music and loves listening to music soundtracks in the car while we drive. I am wondering what your kids favorite soundtracks are for in the car? His loves Lilo and Stitch and Aladan. He also likes the Hairspray cd. If anyone knows any cds that are similar to Hairspray in particular please let me know. I would like to get him some music cds this Christmas.

thanks,

Jessica.

bubbaray
12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Kids: Mamma Mia. Over and over and OVER again....

Me: Grosse Pointe Blank.

LMPC
12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
DD likes Garden State and The Last Kiss soundtracks. She's 14 mo, so doesn't get much say, but she does "dance" to both when I turn them on. I don't like kids' music...yes, I'm sure her development will be stunted, but I have my limits as a parent! I'll clean up puke, but I won't listen to Raffi!

MamaKath
12-10-2009, 06:39 PM

Us too! Dh's is Jersey Boys.

Nechums
12-10-2009, 07:14 PM
We listen to the Music Together CD's in the car. DS seems to like them because he stops crying when I put them on.

AnnieW625
12-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Me: Top Gun.

DD: she doesn't really have one, but anything will almost be better than the kiddy music we have in the car. I should go and get some soundtracks burned off my computer.

hobie
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM
The boys love John Denver! Or the Disney CD with the theme songs to all of the rides at DisneyLand.

I prefer NPR.

willow33
12-10-2009, 09:01 PM
I just bought the Phineas and Ferb CD for my boys for Xmas. I think they will like it since they enjoy the show so much. Plus the songs don't totally irritate me :)

hellokitty
12-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Any of the Wee Sing stuff is good. My kids really enjoy books on tape. The magic treehouse ones are their fav.

sunshine873
12-10-2009, 09:03 PM
DD is still young, but Jewel has a lullaby CD that I bought at Target. She can be in the car getting fussy and if I turn that on, she falls asleep every time! It's magic! It helps that I love it too - Jewel's voice is so entrancing.

fauve01
12-10-2009, 09:14 PM
DD's fav is definitely the Spirit Soundtrack. DH and I enjoy it too. Next best is Mary Poppins, and then selections from Wicked.

also in my car is a compilation of Disney princess songs, and They Might Be Giants numbers CDs.

this month, however, we've been listening mostly to Christmas songs.. DD's favs are: Gene Autry, John Denver and the Muppets, and the two Nick at Night holiday CDs (the grinch songs, heat and snow misers, difficult responsibility, etc). also anything Jingle Bells!

HTH,
ANne + dd 10-03

ThreeofUs
12-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Pete Seeger! They love the songs and they love his stories.

Pennylane
12-10-2009, 10:02 PM
My kids love Rent! Other favorites are Mamma Mia and Movin Out.

Ann

caleymama
12-10-2009, 10:05 PM
DD is still young, but Jewel has a lullaby CD that I bought at Target. She can be in the car getting fussy and if I turn that on, she falls asleep every time! It's magic! It helps that I love it too - Jewel's voice is so entrancing.

My girls are falling asleep right now upstairs listening to that! I don't think I could put it on in the car, though - *I'd* fall asleep! It is a beautiful CD.

I know they'd love the Mamma Mia soundtrack. I just watched it last weekend and have been singing "Honey, Honey" all week. Was just thinking today that I should use some iTunes $ I have to get the soundtrack.

I asked for Volume 1 & 2 of the Glee soundtracks for Christmas so if I get those they'll definitely be on in the car and I'm pretty sure the girls will like them.

They loved the Wicked soundtrack when I borrowed it from the library last spring. I have both "Defying Gravity" and "Popular" as ringtones on my phone and they get a kick out of that. Same for the True Blood soundtrack - currently "Bad Things" is my ringtone for DH. :innocent: The whole soundtrack is good, though.

As for kid stuff, they like the HSM 1 and 2 soundtracks, which aren't nearly as intolerable as I thought they'd be. Madagascar's soundtrack is another hit - they LOVE "I Like To Move It". Mary Poppins is another one.

Corie
12-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I just bought the Phineas and Ferb CD for my boys for Xmas. I think they will like it since they enjoy the show so much. Plus the songs don't totally irritate me :)

I bought this for DD for Christmas. I actually like the Phineas and Ferb songs!!

Corie
12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
My personal soundtrack favorites are:

*Grease

*Grease 2

*Footloose

*Flashdance

I'm sure there are others but these instantly popped into my head.

I love soundtracks.

Kyras mom
12-11-2009, 03:28 AM
DD loves the Cats soundtrack (and Imagination Movers and the Disney theme music with the music from the different rides/attractions). I love the soundtrack from Pulp Fiction.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Nick loves Sunset Boulevard and Jesus Christ Superstar!