PDA

View Full Version : Young teens. What are they into?

janeybwild
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Looking for ideas for our 13 yo cousin (~$20). I have no idea what to even look for apart from slippers or PJs,but that seems so boring! Help!!!

bigpassport
12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Some New Moon thing? I got my neice a New Moon boardgame.

gatorsmom
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
My brother said his 11 yo daughter and 14yo son are really into their Wii games. They play them with friends all the time. I saw some on amazon yesterday with some competitive prices. He recommended anything with waterskiing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, sno skiing, or anything new on to the market. I asked around at Target which games were new and they pointed me in the direction of a few. maybe those would be good ideas? Magazines for their age?

Twins2000
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
I'd probably get a giftcard (like for iTunes if they have an iPod) or a Wii game.

TwinFoxes
12-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Taken directly from my 13 year old niece's list are: games for her DS (in particular Nancy Drew the Hidden Staircase and My Sims Agents) "nicer sweaters," jewelry, pre-wrap (the stuff they put in their hair, a big teen fad right now) and gift cards to iTunes, Aeropostale, Hollister and Target.

I know she wants an iPod Touch more than anything, so we're getting her a gift card to Target so hopefully she'll get enough to pool them and buy it. I'm kind of bummed because I wanted to buy her clothes, but she told me she REALLY wants that iPod.

MaiseyDog
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Here's my 13 year old neices list "Clothes from Aeropostale, Abercrobmie, or Hollister or a gift card to there. Jewelry- cute earrings or necklaces especially with peace signs. Watch with a peace sign on it. Small tweener size purse"

We got her a hoodie and a t-shirt from Aeropostale and an necklace from there as well. I know the T-shirts were $10 and the Hoodies were $20 at our store this past week. Jewelry was on sale as well I think 2/$15