PDA

View Full Version : Are Vivo's at babycatalog from 2007? Are Turboboosters short?

american_mama
12-11-2009, 02:10 AM
My Big Lots did have lots of Recaro Vivo boosters for $65 (pink and blue only), but now I read here that they are usually old seats made in 2007. babycatalog.com also has the same colors for $59 plus $8 shipping.... are those likely to be from 2007 too? babycatalog.com has other colors of the Vivo for $79. I have not yet tried the Vivo in my car or child.

NOTE: If anyone didn't know the pink Vivo is a mesh fabric, a tad scratchy from what I could tell sticking my hands in the box. The blue Vivo is a velvety microfiber - definitely soft, but I wondered about whether it would be sweaty.

Also, I've been reading old threads and what's this I hear about Graco Turboboosters being short? What are the important criteria about height and fit in terms of HBB? I am looking for a seat for my tall, skinny 7 year old (nearly 8 year old).

Also, is the Radian hard to install? Seemed like there were a few old comments here to that affect. Is it narrow in the shoulders? When do kids outgrow it? Another option would be keep DD1 in her existing booster and buy the Radian for my big 5 year old, which o_mom and jools suggested. Just wanted to consider the fit and install of the Radian.

american_mama
12-11-2009, 02:56 AM
ok, is this an answer to my question about height requirements for HBB? I found it on a tech's website:

"Boosters are outgrown by height when the shoulders are above the belt guide at it's tallest setting OR the ears are above the shell of the seat. They are outgrown by weight when your child meets the weight limited listed on your seat and in the manual for the seat."

Still want to know if the Turbobooster is short and all my other questions.

Joolsplus2
12-11-2009, 10:01 AM
The shoulderbelt guide height of the Turbo is only about 19 inches, the Vivo it's about 21 inches. Funny I just found that babycatalog price and have one in my cart now, I want to buy it for my 10 yo because I think it will offer her better leg support than the Parkway she's in. She's already too tall for the Turbo. I do not know the DOM of the Babycatalog Vivos.
The Radian can be challenging in some spots, sometimes impossible, sometimes with just a steep learning curve. I wish I knew off the top of my head if someone had it in your car!

christiedavid3
12-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Did anyone order a Vivo from Babycatalog? If so, what is the DOM?