PDA

View Full Version : General price for a used Marathon cover

american_mama
12-11-2009, 03:19 AM
I read on another thread that there are always a lot of Marathon covers for sale on other message boards. What's the common range of prices? If it's not too much, I might switch. My Marathon cover is pebbled gray and has never been plush soft like most of Britax seats, plus I'm considering switching to a brown or black cover to go with the tan car interior. So, soft, good condition, and goes with tan are my two criteria.

khalloc
12-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I really think it depends. I sold one that was from one of those Couture lines and it was used for 2 years and someone paid $100 for it on ebay. I couldn't believe it!

Joolsplus2
12-11-2009, 10:51 AM
You won't be able to post a new thread here (must be a long time or paid member), but you can read the For Sale threads here... http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Also, take a shot at Ebay and Craigslist... be sure the Ebay ones are authentic Britax (not homemade) and CL might have entire expired seats for nearly free you could salvage the cover from.

Joolsplus2
12-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Oooh, I know where to get you a certain college's orange cover for about $45 if you're interested :D

bubbaray
12-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Why don't you a WatchingThemGrow do a swap -- you have a grey cover, she has a tan cover. Sounds like a great idea to me! :thumbsup:

Cover prices really vary. For example, last year Britax was selling some new covers for $25. I've seen people sell used covers for about that on car-seat.org. Others go for much higher. For example, I paid $50 someodd dollars (can't remember how much exactly or if it included shipping) for my Brooke cover. It was worth every penny. I :heartbeat: that cover. I will be so sad when DD#2 outgrows that seat. Sigh.