PDA

View Full Version : What are your 1-2 "big" gifts?

Ceepa
12-11-2009, 01:03 PM
The 1-2 that either you are most excited to give or that your DC will be most excited about (and no, those are not always the same :loveeyes: )

It's probably the Playmobil for us.

shawnandangel
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
KidKraft Prairie Kitchen

MelissaTC
12-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Zhu Zhu pets and accessories!

schums
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
DD is getting a Barbie size doll house (this one (http://www.buzzillions.com/image.dox?R=73109&wide=false) , I think). DS is getting the Titanium Command Rig from the Lego Power Miners series.

Corie
12-11-2009, 01:13 PM
My daughter's big gift is an American Girl doll with a ton of accessories/clothes.
But then my husband bought her Taylor Swift tickets! So, she has 2 big gifts.
(I'll be taking her to the concert in June 2010.)

My son's big gift is a big boy bike. He is going to flip out!

Reyadawnbringer
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
The fisher price laugh and learn home.

vonfirmath
12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Wedigts
My pal Violet (though Stephanie Oppenheimer doesn't like it so I'm getting nervous!)

elephantmeg
DS the geotrax cars set
DD the fisherprice first dollhouse maybe?

hellokitty
DS1- Star Wars AT-Walker
DS2- Space Shuttle toy

I have one of those treehouse toys (about the size of my 5 yr old) that I got a few yrs ago on clearance. I want that to be the big toy, but my DH thinks it's a stupid toy for boys. :rolleye0014: I think my boys would like it, b/c a friend had one and my kids were playing with it.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Plan Toys parking garage, that I got for 50% off last year!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-11-2009, 01:22 PM
DS1- Star Wars AT-Walker
DS2- Space Shuttle toy

I have one of those treehouse toys (about the size of my 5 yr old) that I got a few yrs ago on clearance. I want that to be the big toy, but my DH thinks it's a stupid toy for boys. :rolleye0014: I think my boys would like it, b/c a friend had one and my kids were playing with it.

I think boys would LOVE a treehouse. I think it is a pretty genger neutral toy. Make a sign that says "no gurls aloud" for DH:ROTFLMAO: to hang on it!

arivecchi
12-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm very excited about the Schleich castle and figurines we are giving DS1. Not quite as excited about our gift for DS2, but then again, he won't really know what the heck is going on. :)

jse107
Even though it's not really the most quality toy ever, DS is super excited about getting the Snoopy Sno Cone Maker. I think DH is too!

catpagmo
DD will be excited about the Hanna moc slippers, the M&D grocery store, and the Cinderella dress I bought back in Sept. when we were at Disneyland. Oh, and the sheriff badge I got for her.

The Laugh and Learn Home for DS. Well, I'll be excited! He's only 9 mos, so he won't know the difference. He'll probably enjoy the sensory balls I bought for him the most. lol

JTsMom
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Big gift- A Talking Thomas set (kids woot off).
The one he'll be most excited about- A talking Buzz Lightyear with buttons you can push. That one's from Grandma.
One more he'll love- Mr. Potato Head silly suitcase set plus more Disney parts. How he got to 4.5 without a Potato Head I have no idea, but recently, he's gotten really into them.

lizzywednesday
12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Even though it's not really the most quality toy ever, DS is super excited about getting the Snoopy Sno Cone Maker. I think DH is too!

LOL! My cousins got that when we were little.

IIRC, DH had one as a kid, so he's toyed with the idea of getting one when our LO is old enough.

fauve01
12-11-2009, 01:38 PM
DD's big gift this year is a digital camera (combined gift from DH and me and my parents). she's been using mine for over a year, so she'll LOVE having her own "real" camera!

anne + dd 10-03

egoldber
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
We don't really have a big wow gift this year.

They are getting Magnatiles from Santa. Hopefully they will enjoy that. :)

ETA: Ah, Sarah did get a digital camera from us for Thanksgiving/Hannukah! A Nikon Coolpix L20. So her camera is nicer than mine. ;)

saschalicks
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
DS1 - Nintendo DS Lite, case and 1 game
DS2 - Star Wars Galactic Heroes Millenium Falcon
DD - she's too young, but I'm excited to give her the M&D Purse Fill 'n Spill. LOL

Beckylove
12-11-2009, 01:57 PM
DS is getting a Cozy Coupe. He likes to ride in "the car" at friends houses.

I'm excited at the deal I got. $40 at Walmart.

set81616
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
The one I am most excited about (and I think he will like the best) is a Star Trek long sleeved shirt. I have so many things for him that I got on amazing sales the last few months that I have to decide how much I am going to give him. The shirt was actually the most expensive thing I got him.
Shannon

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM

Old Skool. We used ours to sell sno cones in the 80's. That is a totally rad gift!

niccig
12-11-2009, 02:04 PM
The garbage truck that was at Costco. A friend has it and he really wants it. He's very into dress up and want me to buy a garbage person uniform. I bought a fighter pilot jump suit, and I've taken the plane badges off. I had 2 badges made, one has his name and the other has an image of a garbage truck. I'm going to use velcro dots to attach the badges so the coveralls can be for garbage man or for a fighter pilot.

KpbS
12-11-2009, 02:10 PM

I always wanted one of these. I know DS1 would love it!

DS1 is getting a big playmobil boat he has had his eye on (from great grandma) and a leapster (he has NO idea :) ). DS2 is getting this cash register http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2674710 and a zoo membership (for all of us).

brittone2
12-11-2009, 02:16 PM
DD (just turned 3): dollhouse (FP loving family)

DS: Not sure we have a wow gift. He's getting a Darda track and also a Blutrack (the kid is a total car NUT. I had the Darda track that I bought 2nd hand but then DH saw the Blutrack stuff and thought it was a must have). He'll also like some Playmobil stuff he's getting (farm stuff from us, and the Costco pirate set from my parents).

Both kids are getting another set of Magnatiles to share. I know that will be a big hit. Not a jaw dropper since they already have some but I know they'll get a ton of use since they use our other set of 100 daily.

LarsMal
12-11-2009, 02:40 PM
DS- remote control car and hockey sticks
DD1- princess castle and a crib for her dolls
DD2- still have NO idea what to get the poor kid!

mommyp
12-11-2009, 04:00 PM
I think the big hit will be the little Alex kitchen (with pots and food).

SnuggleBuggles
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Easel for ds2 and a camera for ds1. We are still toying with the idea of a new tv for the family and if we get that then that's what I'll be most excited to give because both dh and ds1 will be thrilled. :)

Beth

cono0507
12-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Both kids (2 yo DD and 4.5 yo DS) are getting super hero capes from an Etsy seller. I cannot wait to see them. They will be played with a ton, based on how often they currently attach my dish towels to their shirts as capes! :)

jgenie
12-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't know that we have any real WOW gifts this year. I'm really excited to give DS the 100 piece set of Magnatiles.

love_a_latte
12-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Magnatiles! They are the present that I am most excited for, and at that price hopefully the kids will love them.
DD will be super excited about Tinkerbell and the lost treasure on DVD, as she has been waiting for it to come out for about a year.
DS should love his Lightening McQueen fleece blanket. He loves Lightening, and he loves blankets, so it is the perfect combo.

citymama
12-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Don't have a big gift for DD this year - we did the M&D easel last year and wooden kitchen the previous year but nothing big this year. But we do 8 nights of Hanukkah gifts and Christmas gifts from us and Santa, so it's a lot of small stuff!

I'm including clothes in the Hanukkah gift pile (Hanna playdress set, H&M tutu with Hanna fairy tee, Hanna long johns) and those were certainly my faves to get her! I guess the biggest gift we have for her is the Haba Orchard game. Also have some books, Rabbit Ears CDs (DD loves listening to stories on CD), and from Santa, Folkmanis animal puppets and art supplies!

baymom
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
A marble run for DS and still not quite sure what DD's big/main gift will be, yet. Have a couple other smaller gifts for them, but do need to find something for DD soon!

vludmilla
12-11-2009, 05:17 PM
DD will probably be most excited about the Plasma Car and her $10 Sansa Shaker because she LOVES music.

calv
12-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Love reading the excitement in the posts! :D

DC #1 DSi w/games
DC #2 tons of tinker bell stuff
DC #3 Mickey Mouse choo choo & other mickey stuff

(can you sense the trend here for each child?) :P

and I'm mainly excited about all 3 getting the Battat Dollhouse

maestramommy
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
The one I'm most excited about this year is a Dora's Mr. Face backpack for Arwyn. I don't know why it's called Mr. Face, but it's basically a replica of Dora's backpack. One of our Dora's classmates had one, and Arwyn would get so excited everytime she saw it on the hook. The one I got is made of some furry material, but it's otherwise identical in form and size. Even has a little Map in the side pocket. I can't wait to see her face when she opens it. She keeps stealing Dora's schoolbag (a Dora the explorer tote) to play with, so I figure she should have her own bag:p

lchang25000
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Cozy coupe that I bought at TRU for only $35! Thinking about saving the RF scoot trike I got yesterday at Target.com for his 1st b-day in Jan.

KrisM
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
DS1 is getting the Lego Deluxe Cargo Train
DD is getting a My Little Pony castle and Butterscotch pony
DS2 is getting the Discovery Toys Marbleworks.

infomama
12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Dd1- Tinkerbell outfit, earrings and ipod dock
Dd2- Dollhouse, cape, tutu

MichelleRC
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Boys are each getting a DS Lite ($97 on Amazon!!), the Nerf case and a few games. DS2 is getting the Playmobil plane and DS1 will be getting an erector set. And a bunch of other stuff :)

sste
12-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Things went seriously awry from my former One Big Gift plan (uh, thanks I think to BBers for the target 50% off posting!).

So, I would say big gifts are now: 1) thomas track & station stuff; 2) plasma car; 3) duplo firestation and firetruck; 4) haba castle and knights set of blocks.

Not sure I am going to give all this at once. His 2nd birthday was only 6 weeks ago and I think it is more fun for him to get things spaced out.

For little gifts for the nights of hanukkah, I wrapped up 9 of my old childhood books and also 9 animalz (again, thanks BBers).

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Things went seriously awry from my former One Big Gift plan (uh, thanks I think to BBers for the target 50% off posting!).

So, I would say big gifts are now: 1) thomas track & station stuff; 2) plasma car; 3) duplo firestation and firetruck; 4) haba castle and knights set of blocks.

Not sure I am going to give all this at once. His 2nd birthday was only 6 weeks ago and I think it is more fun for him to get things spaced out.

For little gifts for the nights of hanukkah, I wrapped up 9 of my old childhood books and also 9 animalz (again, thanks BBers).

Will you be MY mommy? Your house sounds cool!

AlbrightRC
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
From santa i think our 18 month old will like his handy manny talking toolbench and his elmo chatters the best.
From his mimi and pappap he'll love his strider rider balence bike.

sste
12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks, Belle! I wish I could be my OWN mommy too. DH and I are getting each other a big fat goose egg until after this rush of holiday spending, particularly holiday bonuses, is over!!

firsttimemama
12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not super excited about any of DS' gifts.. :(
Maybe that means I'm not done? I don't know. He just had a birthday and got a train table, which is all he probably really wanted.
(He's 2)
We have for him a CARS mack truck, a motorized Thomas (his 1st), the M&D cardboard blocks. I think that's it? I ordered the $25 Radio Flyer Trike but I was going to hold it until spring cause it's too freaking cold anyway.

neeleymartin
12-11-2009, 10:09 PM
ds1 - mini scooter (from us). santa is bringing a tool bench (bought used on cl for a killer deal with soooo many extra tools)

ds2 - my pal scout and some wooden toys from etsy.

ZeeBaby
12-11-2009, 10:21 PM
DD is getting a table and chair set with puzzles and coloring books so shhe has her own "desk". I also got a bunch of things during yesterdays sale not sure what else she will get.

Mamma2004
12-11-2009, 10:40 PM
DD's big gift this year is a digital camera (combined gift from DH and me and my parents). she's been using mine for over a year, so she'll LOVE having her own "real" camera!

anne + dd 10-03

OK, so what is she getting?

I ask because DS, who has thus far only requested books, also wants a camera. I know the kids' ones are junk so I'd rather put that money toward something useful.

I'm open to ideas!

nellonello
12-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Son:
Xbox 360 (I got free with TV purchase)
Digital Camera

Daughter:
iPod
Digital Camera

Daughter:
Rose Petal Cottage
Step2 Grand Walk-in Kitchen

ohiomom
12-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I guess the biggest gift we have for her is the Haba Orchard game.

My girls LOVE the Orchard game!