PDA

View Full Version : Dilema! Help me decide which toy....

Reyadawnbringer
12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I was very adamant about getting DS the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Home, but then when I was talking to MIL she mentioned the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn 2 in 1 Kitchen.

I knew for sure I didn't want the farm, but I didn't even know the kitchen existed! Now I don't know which one to get him... It was so easy when there was just the two and I knew for sure I didn't like the farm.

Does anyone have experience with these two and can point me in the right direction?

TIA!

ourbabygirl
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I've heard about all three, but have heard the most about the home. We have it (bought it through a lady's garage sale that she posted on CL last summer) and LOVE it for our 14 month old DD. She plays with it throughout the day and hasn't gotten tired of it yet (she's had it since July or so)! Maybe they could get you the kitchen (those are probably much harder to find on CL) and you could look for a used, great shape home on CL. Ours was $20 and in near perfect condition. You probably couldn't go wrong with either one, but I think the home is a necessity (if there is such a thing) :). I think the farm just recycles a lot of the same ideas from the home and such. Not sure about the kitchen- I haven't seen it in person or online.

Your kid will love it! :bouncy:

Seitvonzu
12-11-2009, 04:08 PM
we've seen the kitchen/living room? and i don't think it's as fun as the "home." one of lu's little friends had that one and none of the kids seemed drawn to it like they were with the "home"

i'd stick to your oringinal choice

mommyp
12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I'd stick with the home. DD got it last Christmas and still plays with it all the time. I've seen the kitchen and didn't think it was as fun as the home.

dukie41181
12-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I was in the same boat as you! I was planning on getting the home because I'd heard so much about it but then we were at a children's resale shop and they had the kitchen. My daughter played with it and had a great time! I didn't buy it that day but I did end up buying it a few weeks later. Bottom line: I got both!

wildfire
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I've heard great things about both. We went with the house because we have a smaller space and the kitchen is bigger.

kristac
12-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Get the house and get a play kitchen later.

wellyes
12-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Get the house and get a play kitchen later.
Yes. DD is 20 months and she STILL doesn't really "get" how to pay with a kitchen, that kind of pretend play is a long way off for your LO. But the house is just perfect for between ages 1-2.

AJP
12-11-2009, 09:09 PM
My DH bought our girls the kitchen & farm for their 1st b-day (picked them out himself). My girls played a lot with both in the beginning, but I think we'd have gotten more mileage from the home. I vote you get the home! I've heard so much about the home and really wanted to exchange ours for it but hated the idea of exchanging HIS present (IYKWIM).