PDA

View Full Version : how much RFing torso height will a Radian...

kekane
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
...buy me over a Britax MA?

I'm thinking ahead a bit

i've got a long skinny toddler in an MAs and another on the way (starting in a keyfit). i'm just trying to figure out what my purchasing strategy should be. If he hits the RFing height limit before i'm ready to move the baby out of the keyfit, do i go ahead and spring for the Radian(s) -- cause i'm gonna have to buy another seat for each car sometime -- or do i just use what i've got and turn him around?

ETA: i have a hyundai elantra (rarely have an adult passenger) and DH has a mazda 3 (i'm often the adult passenger)

Joolsplus2
12-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Most kiddos fit *about* a year longer in the Radian than the MA when FF. It actually has the same top slots, but is more upright and has different (not less comfortable) padding so it is effectually taller, in some magical carseat way :D. My dd1 fit till age 6 in the MA, and age 7 in the RN. My longer torsoed dd2 may not make it quite as long, but I'm still thinking at least 6 for her (she moved to using the top slot at about 3.5, but that last two inches till she reaches the actual slot is going to take years). It also has deeper leg support than the Marathon, and is easier for kids to climb into themselves in smaller cars, IME.

kekane
12-12-2009, 12:59 PM
good to know so do you figure an extra year FF is probably equivalent to an extra year RFing?
my concern on this one is keeping him RFing as long as possible.