PDA

View Full Version : Stocking stuff ideas?? Help!

Corie
12-11-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm totally lacking stocking stuffer ideas for my 5 year old son.

He reminded me tonight that Santa brought him fake poop last year
for Christmas.
I guess I need to head to Spencer's for some fake vomit.

But I need other stocking stuffer ideas too!!! Help!

elephantmeg
12-11-2009, 10:53 PM
small lego sets
matchbox cars
playdough

bnme
12-11-2009, 10:57 PM
So far my 5yo is getting a Bakugan or two,Pokemon cards, a new toothbrush, some fun Christmas candy (like nerdS rope and bubble gum 'tape'), Star Wars jibbitz, new chapstick. Oh and mini Lego Star Wars and Playmobil Christmas sets from Targets stocking-stuffer section.

But he would much rather the fake poop. Or the vomit. Hmm, or along those lines a whoopie cushion. You seem like the coolest mom ever!!

KrisM
12-11-2009, 10:59 PM
DS is getting a DVD, grow a santa, tic tac toe paper, a Leapster game, a cape and mask in his stocking.

Corie
12-11-2009, 11:13 PM
along those lines a whoopie cushion.

We have gone through about 10 whoopie cushions in this house. You can
get them for cheap at Walmart. :)

graciebellesmomma
12-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Cost Plus has the BEST stocking stuffers!
Lots of fun little knick knacks, bath stuff, toys,
euro candy, and lots of other fun stuff!

firstbaby
12-11-2009, 11:17 PM
How about the lego tool that helps separate legos? Or some of the toys that grow in water or the capsules that grow into sponge animals? I've found those at Michael's before in their $1 section.

DS is 5 is getting a bike bell, lego separater, King car from the Cars movie, a playmobil guy and maybe a joke book in his stocking. Also, Lindt had a little chocolate set with a little Santa and 4 reindeer that is going in. HTH!

Corie
12-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Cost Plus has the BEST stocking stuffers!
Lots of fun little knick knacks, bath stuff, toys,
euro candy, and lots of other fun stuff!

Are you talking about World Market? I love that place! I used to shop
there all the time in Texas.
Unfortunately, there are none in my area now!

DrSally
12-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Someone here mentioned that they give an orange every year. Is he into Thomas? Is there a train he wants? At Target, I picked up some Xmas scrapbooking punches. DS is sooo excited about them. He punches Xmas trees in pieces of paper. 2 punches were on clearance for 5.85.

newg
12-11-2009, 11:23 PM
we always got bubble gum, chap stick, some candy and some small toys...........

crl
12-11-2009, 11:25 PM
klaleidiscope
chapstick
bouncy balls
candy
fruit
fruit leather
socks
underwear
mini automoblox
scented markers
silly putty
mini playdough

Catherine

SASM
12-11-2009, 11:26 PM
For our 6.5 yo DS we have done in the past or plan to do this year: :)
* Small sets of Legos (in Target's stocking stuffer section) or K-Nex
* Kids chopsticks by Edison (with the loops for the fingers)
* Lip balm
* Leapster game (on sale)
* DVD (sale)
* 1 Bakugan
* Some Pokeman cards
* A Tech Deck (for some reason he is obsessed)
* A matchbox car
* Schleich animals (Target)
* Small dinosaur reference book (Borders bargain section)
* A small Rub-n-Color or Color Wonders set
* Tangoes travel tangram magnet book (Target toy section hanging with the cards)
* Gold-foil chocolate coins
* And...of course the standard orange, toothbrush, and toothpaste. :)

My kids would love the fake poop, though! Too funny! I totally forgot about Spencers! They DID get a stuffed rabbit that "pooped" jellybeans from my cousin a couple years ago...so you could continue the theme. :) I think that I saw a plastic reindeer that did the same last year...both would fit in a stocking. :)

Good luck and have fun!

ETA:
I bought the above cousin a "pet rock" from Rite Aid the other day. I remembered those from my childhood...so excited! My kids would probably like that as a stocking stuffer as well, as they are into collecting rocks and shells right now. They came in about 9 animal-ish versions. :)

DrSally
12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Ah, yes, chapstick is a big hit. Last year I found a pack of 5 with Xmas theme labels. Gave them out to kids and neices/nephews.

bubbaray
12-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Christmas Pez
chapstick
markers
hair stuff (your DS might not be so appreciative of the Princess barettes, LOL)
stickers

and of course, an orange in the toe.

JTsMom
12-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Fake poo would have never occurred to me, but I'll bet it was a HUGE hit! :hysterical:

Here are some of DS's over the years- I just throw small things in:
Trains
Candy
Crayons/Paint/other art stuff
Playdough
Paintbrushes
Chalk
Stickers
Cool toothbrushes
Train track
Disney candy (I stock up while we're there- this year I bought one of those Kooky pens there as well)
Cars

SnuggleBuggles
12-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Lego set
invisible ink pen set (novelty store)
candy
color change Hot Wheels

Beth

MommyofAmaya
12-12-2009, 12:54 PM
We only buy stocking stuffers for our kids. They get way too much from their 5 set of grandparents. The best stuff I found locally was at the Children's Museum gift shop.

kristac
12-15-2009, 01:34 PM
* Kids chopsticks by Edison (with the loops for the fingers)

Thanks for this idea! Just picked up 2 sets of dinosaur chopsticks (zoosticks?) at learning express for the big boys stockings.

Jen841
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
... underpants. I needed filler for E and had a 3 pack of underpants. They thought it was a riot! They are already wondering if Santa will bring underpants again this year. I am thinking all of us may get a few pairs... you always can use a refresher.

alien_host
12-15-2009, 02:59 PM
chapstick
toothbrush
I might do toothpaste this year since she is low
Pez/candy
AC Moore has small craft sets (like pearler beads)
matchbox
I got a Playmobil Santa at Borders
ornament
DVD
colored pencils/markers
socks/underwear
small Lego set

lots of stuff I get from Target's $ spot

That's a good idea, I'm going to include a leapster game since I have a bunch I got on sale

a fun clip on for the backpack? wallet with a small gift card inside?

brittone2
12-15-2009, 03:18 PM
... underpants. I needed filler for E and had a 3 pack of underpants. They thought it was a riot! They are already wondering if Santa will bring underpants again this year. I am thinking all of us may get a few pairs... you always can use a refresher.

I just picked up 2 pairs for DS (pirates and airplanes) and a few pairs for DD on the gymbo 30% off sale. Free shipping on all orders, so even picking up some small items, it wasn't a bad deal. I'm thinking stocking stuffers too LOL.

DS (almost 6) is getting a tornado tube (hook to 2 2-liter soda bottles and it helps create a "tornado" out of water in the bottle)

Wikki stix
some art stuff
Set card game

In the past we've done (this includes things we've put in Easter baskets too)
Small prism
small magnifying glass
fun pencils, pens, markers, art supplies
small sticker books (Dover ones from AC Moore run about $1 each)
socks
balsa wood airplanes from craft/hobby shop
small trains or matchbox cars
playsilks
small Knex set (Last year AC moore had them in little packets for about $1 each and they were really cute for the price. DS was able to assemble it himself without any problem...small enough to be manageable for him)
those capsules where a foam animal or other item emerges as it soaks in the water for a while, or those "grow" things that you put in water and they turn into something 10x their size...I've seen pirate ships, dinosaurs, etc.
Safari "toobs" of animals
Those little cardboardy things that you put under water and it turns into a washcloth
ornament
toothbrush
snacks-small packs of cookies, fruit leather, gum, piece of fruit (tradition). Good quality chocolate.