PDA

View Full Version : Intoxicated mom picks up her children from daycare...

fortato
12-12-2009, 02:24 PM
"MANCHESTER, N.H. -- An Auburn mother is facing charges after allegedly drinking before picking her kids up at day care and then passing out in a snowbank in the parking lot.

Police said 37-year-old Kathleen Butts admitted to drinking before picking up her 2-and 4-year-old up at Alpha-Bits Daycare on the Londonderry Turnpike around 5:15 p.m. Thursday.

A maintenance worker found Butts an hour and a half later in a snowbank. Her car was not running but the door was left open with her two kids inside, investigators said. It was 30 degrees out that night and it isn't known how long the children were exposed, but police described them as cold. All three were taken to a hospital and found to be ok.

Police are investigating if Butts was with anyone else when she picked up the children. She is being charged with aggravated DWI and endangering the welfare of a child.

The children have since been released back to family."

This is a school I looked at when I was looking for a preschool for Jack... I crossed them off the list because of other issues I had with the school.

I wonder if the employees who released her children to her had any idea how drunk she was. Or if she was drunk at all. How scary....

Seitvonzu
12-12-2009, 02:39 PM
wow. just WOW.

maestramommy
12-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Okay, that is just plain frightening. I really wonder about that preschool. Even if her behavior was normal (and how could that be if she passed out minutes later) they had to have smelled something.

wellyes
12-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Sometimes drunks are just surly, and maybe that is her normal personality too.

All I can say is that despite the cold they endured, those kids (and everyone else on the road) were lucky she passed out. Thank goodness for that. Hope this is a wakeup call to her, or at least her husband/family.

elizabethkott
12-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeish. What a miracle she didn't actually get behind the wheel. That could have been a horrible tragedy.

elliput
12-12-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm going to wager a guess that this was not the first (or even the second or third) time she picked up her kids while in an intoxicated state. :(

BabyMine
12-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Just plain sad.

brgnmom
12-12-2009, 06:52 PM
That is really sad. I'm glad that the kids are safe though.