PDA

View Full Version : Any fun New Years Eve plans?

billysmommy
12-12-2009, 10:23 PM
DH and I are thinking about going out and trying to figure out something fun to do.

What are everyone's plans?

m448
12-12-2009, 10:27 PM
We are the wildest party animals we know. Even before kids hubby and I would have tons of finger food, turn on a good movie and try not to nod off before 10pm, startling awake sometime before midnight to toast with sparkling cider and kiss. Woohoo!

;) But it works for us LOL.

SnuggleBuggles
12-12-2009, 10:51 PM
I was hanging out with some new friends that I made in the past year and the dh was telling me about their annual NE party. It sounded like we'd be on the guest list. But, I haven't heard anything yet. It'd have been great b/c kids were invited (they hire a babysitter) and it was in walking distance so dh and I could both drink. Still holding out a bit of hope. :)

If that doesn't pan out we'll likely do what we did last year- out to dinner with the boys in tow, over to a family friendly 9pm countdown, home, boys to bed, bottle of champagne then kiss at midnight. :)

Until I heard about this possible party I thought about throwing my own. I may just invite another family over if we don't do the early countdown.

Beth

Corie
12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
DH and I have not gone out for New Year's Eve in forever! And honestly,
I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to do so! I try to stay in on New Year's
Eve. It really makes me nervous to be out. Too many drunks on the road.

bubbaray
12-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Once again, :yeahthat: to Corie's post.

ourbabygirl
12-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Yep, ditto Corie.
However, I thought it would be fun to host a little family-friendly New Year's Day party at our house... we never have anything fun to do that day, so why not? :) But if the guys are too desperate to watch football that day, I may need to nix the idea.

One thing I've always thought would be fun to do on NYE or 4th of July is to rent a hotel room downtown (w/DD, of course), and watch the fireworks from our room. No worries about getting stuck in traffic jams on the way home, going out into the cold (on NYE, that is), or driving on the roads with all the drunks because we'd be in a nice hotel and could go to breakfast downstairs the next morning ;).

LD92599
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Seems everyone around us has had long term yearly plans! We usually have FIL over (now deceased!) and my mom (now in a LTC facility). So.........

we got an email today for the bowling ally for a family friendly NYE, 5pm - 8pm, includes unlimited games, pizza, etc! Sounds like something we might do, then we're home before all the drunks on the road!

Pennylane
12-12-2009, 11:44 PM
We have friends over and do a fondue party. Super fun! We buy hats, noise makers etc for the kids and let them stay up as late as they want. I think they made it until 9:30 last year.

I have never been a big fan of New Years Eve, so it is perfect for me.

Ann

billysmommy
12-14-2009, 11:51 PM
We found a great restaurant/inn nearby that is doing a 5 course dinner with wine/champagne pairings and homemade desserts for New Years Eve. We have a 7:00 reservation so will be home ~10ish.......perfect for us :)