PDA

View Full Version : Is it unprofessional to include pictures of DCs on DH's business holiday cards?

JMS
12-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Many of DH's clients and business colleagues have become personal friends over the years. However, we mainly mail cards to their business addresses. Do you think it's not proper to have pictures of our DCs on the cards? It is often the type of situation where DH and his clients ask/talk about their family and children together.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't think so at all.... DH gives Festivus cards to clients with DD's pic, although he does sell beer....

hellokitty
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Maybe only for clients you are close to. I say this, b/c our insurance agent sends us a photocard as their Christmas card every yr. It took me 3 yrs to figure out who the hell these ppl were. Their company is R, F & E. Well, the E family is the one who sends us the card. The company pretty much goes by R&F, and ppl leave off the E. So, I honestly did not know who the E family was until my DH finally figured it out and told me it was our insurance agent. Not that I don't like seeing pics of kids, but honestly, I don't know anything about them, never met the E agent or his family, it's just a little bit weird...

rlu
12-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I think it depends what type of business your DH is in. For example, I work at a software company and would not send pix of my fam to my business contacts. However, I did establish a good working relationship with one of my contacts and we did discuss family and do exchange pix of our dc via email about twice a year. DH is a real estate broker, so a more personal type of relationship with his clients, so a fam pic would not be inappropriate IMO.

If you are considering a picture, I would suggest a formal pose rather than a candid.