PDA

View Full Version : JuJuBe Packabe

jenny
12-13-2009, 04:03 PM
I really like the JuJueBe Packabe as a diaper backpack. or do I need the Be Right Back??

What's the best price out there? I see $117-$120--is that good or does anyone know of a cheaper one?

Also, has anyone tried to fit their macbook in the bag? Someone on another board mentioned the fear of the magnet closures in the front pockets possibly erasing the memory on the computer. What do you think?? Is it possible?

Someone also said the bag can get really heavy...is that true?

smcdonald2
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
eBay has several for $105 with free shipping.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_BIN=1&LH_IncludeSIF=1&_kw=ju%20ju%20be%20packabe&_fcid=1&_localstpos=40243&_sc=1&_sop=15&_sticky=1&_stpos=40243&gbr=1

wencit
12-16-2009, 02:47 AM
I really like my Packabe, but sometimes I think it is too small for all the stuff that I carry, especially with a young baby. If I were to do it again, I would consider a BeRightBack. One of the main selling points of the Packabe is the ability to go easily from backpack to messenger style, but I find that I hardly ever use the messenger option -- it's much more convenient to have both hands free and wear it as a backpack.

I've never tried putting a Macbook in it, but I keep my cell phone and wallet in the front closure and never worry about the magnets erasing my credit cards or whatever. I would think if you're putting your laptop in the main compartment, that would be even less of a worry since it is even further away from the magnetic closures.

The bag itself is slightly heavy, but I don't notice too much since I pack a whole lotta stuff in it anyways! I have weak shoulders but haven't felt any strain when using it in backpack mode, and if I'm going to be out and about for a super long time, I just clip it to my stroller using the BeConnected clips.

Hope that helps!