PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get their fatwallet cashback from Hautelook?

ett
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I ordered from Hautelook during the Hape sale back in October. I never got my cashback so I emailed fatwallet a month later and they said that they had to contact Hautelook and look into the transaction. This was several weeks ago and I still have not heard anything back from fatwallet. So just wondering if anyone else got their cashback. I definitely linked through correctly since it shows up in my click history.

elbenn
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I didn't get mine either. I just sent them an email. Hopefully they will sort it out.

ett
12-14-2009, 01:39 AM
It's almost 2 weeks now and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

MommyofAmaya
12-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I got the following response w/in a couple of days. Did you all get this too?
Did anybody actually get their cash back? Was it $6 flat?

ETA: Oops, now I see you got the same message.
As you already know, your purchase was not reported to us, so we'll open an investigation to find out why. Generally speaking, the merchant didn’t recognize your transaction as valid for some reason. In other words, FatWallet didn't get paid and there is no Cash Back to share.

There are some common shopping actions that can invalidate transactions, such as contacting the merchant after your purchase. There are also computer settings and downloads that can interrupt the process, and we will be happy to work through these with you if you request it. For more information, we strongly encourage you to view the resources through the links at the end of this message.

You will now see an "Investigation" entry listed in your Cash Back history based on the information you provided, along with the estimated Cash Back amount based on the total you submitted. We will contact the merchant and verify the reason they didn't report your purchase to us.

If the merchant elects to pay us a commission, we'll be able to share the Cash Back with you. If they don't, we'll provide an explanation based on information they provide us.

Investigations can take anywhere from 60 to 90 days, so we appreciate your patience in the meantime. Once we learn the status of the merchant's investigation, we will update this transaction accordingly and notify you.

alien_host
12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I haven't and still need to open a ticket...just haven't gotten around to it. I think it was a one time $6 cash back.

ett
12-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I got the following response w/in a couple of days. Did you all get this too?
Did anybody actually get their cash back? Was it $6 flat?

ETA: Oops, now I see you got the same message.
As you already know, your purchase was not reported to us, so we'll open an investigation to find out why. Generally speaking, the merchant didn’t recognize your transaction as valid for some reason. In other words, FatWallet didn't get paid and there is no Cash Back to share.

There are some common shopping actions that can invalidate transactions, such as contacting the merchant after your purchase. There are also computer settings and downloads that can interrupt the process, and we will be happy to work through these with you if you request it. For more information, we strongly encourage you to view the resources through the links at the end of this message.

You will now see an "Investigation" entry listed in your Cash Back history based on the information you provided, along with the estimated Cash Back amount based on the total you submitted. We will contact the merchant and verify the reason they didn't report your purchase to us.

If the merchant elects to pay us a commission, we'll be able to share the Cash Back with you. If they don't, we'll provide an explanation based on information they provide us.

Investigations can take anywhere from 60 to 90 days, so we appreciate your patience in the meantime. Once we learn the status of the merchant's investigation, we will update this transaction accordingly and notify you.

It took a couple of weeks since they sent me that email but they finally credited me the $6 cashback.

MommyofAmaya
12-17-2009, 02:00 PM
It took a couple of weeks since they sent me that email but they finally credited me the $6 cashback.

That's good news. Interesting that they need to do an "investigation" of all these though. Did they get their commission from HL or not?

srkaplan
12-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I had totally forgotten about this, but thanks to this thread I checked & had to submit a request for the $6. After a few back & forth emails, I received this response today:
Good news - we were able to match enough preliminary information on this inquiry to expedite the investigation process. Rather than keep you waiting while we hammer out the details with the merchant, we've approved your Cash Back credit.

In our experience, when Cash Back transactions aren't reported automatically to us by the merchant, it's most commonly due to shopping habits or computer configuration (anti-spyware, etc) on the part of the member. As you continue Cash Back shopping, please be sure you check for Terms and Conditions of the merchant, and follow the protocol outlined in our Cash Back FAQ.

Please let us know any time you have questions, suggestions or just want to say, “Hi!”

They have probably received so many requests on this that they realize there is a problem somewhere.

It cracks me up that they encourage me to send an email to just "say hi" !! Maybe I will.... ;)

alien_host
12-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I had totally forgotten about this, but thanks to this thread I checked & had to submit a request for the $6. After a few back & forth emails, I received this response today:
Good news - we were able to match enough preliminary information on this inquiry to expedite the investigation process. Rather than keep you waiting while we hammer out the details with the merchant, we've approved your Cash Back credit.

In our experience, when Cash Back transactions aren't reported automatically to us by the merchant, it's most commonly due to shopping habits or computer configuration (anti-spyware, etc) on the part of the member. As you continue Cash Back shopping, please be sure you check for Terms and Conditions of the merchant, and follow the protocol outlined in our Cash Back FAQ.

Please let us know any time you have questions, suggestions or just want to say, “Hi!”

They have probably received so many requests on this that they realize there is a problem somewhere.

It cracks me up that they encourage me to send an email to just "say hi" !! Maybe I will.... ;)

I logged my ticket yesterday and had to copy and paste my e-mail order confirm today and got this same message.

I LOL b/c they want me to just say hi as well.

Thanks for the reminder to do this. I think you only have 90 days to put in a request from order date.

srkaplan
12-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I LOL b/c they want me to just say hi as well.

LOL! Maybe we should just start sending them random messages..."Dear Fatwallet, Hi. Just thinking about you & hope you're having a good day!"

corrie23
12-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Hmmm, I didn't get my $ back either so I sent them a message within the last day or two. Here's what they said to me...

Thank you for your concerns with HauteLook. If this transaction has gone missing, we will gladly go to investigation to recover Cash Back on this purchase if you are eligible.

HauteLook does have a condition, that Cash back is only available for first time HauteLook customers. Was this your first transaction with the merchant?

I look forward to helping you.

Sincerely,
Alex :)
FatWallet.com

So, I had a Hautelook transaction in Oct and one in Nov. I didn't get cash back for either (I only recall trying for the Nov. one though). I also made a purchase from Hautelook (not through fatwallet) back in '08. Are people seriously not getting the cash back for Hautelook if they've EVER purchased from Hautelook before (even if they never received cash back before)?

ett
12-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Hmmm, I didn't get my $ back either so I sent them a message within the last day or two. Here's what they said to me...

Thank you for your concerns with HauteLook. If this transaction has gone missing, we will gladly go to investigation to recover Cash Back on this purchase if you are eligible.

HauteLook does have a condition, that Cash back is only available for first time HauteLook customers. Was this your first transaction with the merchant?

I look forward to helping you.

Sincerely,
Alex :)
FatWallet.com

So, I had a Hautelook transaction in Oct and one in Nov. I didn't get cash back for either (I only recall trying for the Nov. one though). I also made a purchase from Hautelook (not through fatwallet) back in '08. Are people seriously not getting the cash back for Hautelook if they've EVER purchased from Hautelook before (even if they never received cash back before)?

I don't know but it was my first time purchasing from Hautelook.

shoxie
12-19-2009, 03:31 PM

Wow, that's annoying. I had no idea that such a condition existed. Bah...