PDA

View Full Version : Can the City Mini be used as a jogger?

jjenniebug
12-13-2009, 11:59 PM
I am expecting my first and need some help with the best stroller setup... I'm officially chasing my tail with all of the info/ choices that are out there!!! I have decided on the Chicco KeyFit car seat & the Baby Trend Snap N Go for quick trips.

My big debate right now is what to get as my main stroller. I've heard great things about the Baby Jogger City Mini & how lightweight it is, but I'm worried it will not do well on walks around the neighborhood (we do not have sidewalks, so it would have to handle the street).

Should I get the City Mini and then look for a cheaper jogger on Craig's List or should I just pony up and get the City Classic or Elite? Any help would be much appreciated!!

kristac
12-14-2009, 08:31 AM
The BJCM should do fine on pavement. However the City line (CM, CC or CE) is not for jogging/running. If you want to jog/run you would need the Baby Jogger Summit line.

WatchingThemGrow
12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
For anything outside besides crossing a parking lot, we prefer air tires over our City Mini. We love our Elite for so much more outdoor activity. Running requires a "running" stroller, not just an all-terrain.

jjenniebug
12-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the replies! I don't actually jog, just walk, so it sounds like the City Mini may still work?? I guess we could always test it out and then get a jogger if we want air tires.

WatchingThemGrow
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
If you want to walk outside on asphalt, not smooth concrete, I wouldn't count on the Mini keeping your baby very comfy. The push isn't as easy and smooth, plus the baby gets jiggled on bumpy surfaces.

jacksmoma
12-14-2009, 12:35 PM
anything other than smooth sidewalks i would def. get the elite for sure! i have a bjcm and use it for errands and an occassional walk outside but i use my bjced for all our long outside walks- i would get the mini as a car stroller and the elite if you plan to use it outside mainly- it is about 10lbs heavier than the mini but that will pay off for the smooth ride if you'll be using it mostly outside...and the extra featuress on the elite (bigger hood, vent. side panels, etra padding, leg rest, air tires) are really really nice :) i do love my mini, but it is not very good for neighborhood walks, it's claim to fame is being light and easy to pop in the car....

jjenniebug
12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Perfect- thanks so much for the info! We might have to hold off and get the Elite later because of $$ but I'm so glad to know it's worth the price!

jacksmoma
12-14-2009, 05:49 PM
get the car seat adaptor too :)

AnnieW625
12-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Just want to add that you might want to look at the Bob line of joggers (the Ironman, and the Revolution) as from what I have heard from friends they push like a dream, and it's an added plus that they have a great resale value. A few friends of mine claim their Bob Revolutions as their only strollers and they are quite happy!

I have a fixed front 16" wheel jogger (from Dreamer Design-- unfortunately company went out of business) and I loved it for walking. It is soo light to push. My friends with the Bob Revolution say the same thing (it has a rotating small front wheel). The Bob Ironman has a fixed 16" front wheel, but can be a little harder to find.

Check out Bobgear.com

jjenniebug
12-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes I've heard great things about the BOB Revolution- will definitely check it out too (and keep an eye out for a good deal on CL :)