PDA

View Full Version : DH was the victim of a Mommy drive-by!!!

LarsMal
12-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Well, probably a grandmommy drive by! Of course I think it's hilarious. Not necessarily the situation, but his reaction to the whole encounter.

Long story short...We were out shopping tonight and DH was carrying C around a store. She had had socks on, but they fell off, so her feet were bare. She was fine, believe me!

DH and I had been separated in the store and he came whipping around a corner to find me, looking very PO'd. He proceeded to tell me a woman came up to him and started giving him a hard time about C's bare feet. I just brushed it off as one of "those" people, but he was SO pissed! The best part was when he told me the woman grabbed C's foot. "She touched her foot, touched it! Who touches a baby's foot when they don't even know you?!" :ROTFLMAO: Clearly DH does not take our kids out by himself very often!

I told him it happens all the time and that he had just experienced his first mommy drive-by. He thought it was hilarious that there was a "term" for it (which I learned here, of course!). :D

I also told him he needs to come up with a short list of snarky comments so he can shoot something back at people like that.

DrSally
12-14-2009, 02:06 AM
"She touched her foot, touched it! Who touches a baby's foot when they don't even know you?!" :ROTFLMAO: Clearly DH does not take our kids out by himself very often!

Too funny! Yeah, clearly he doesn't go out alone with the kids a lot. Now he'll be able to empathize with you when you come home with stories...

Fairy
12-14-2009, 03:41 AM
We need to help supply him with snarky comebacks to the driveby, definitely!

codex57
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Wait, what? What's a mommy driveby?

DW prefers it if I can take DS out alone so he's out of her hair for a while. I've only done it a couple times so far. What is this phenomenon?

DrSally
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Wait, what? What's a mommy driveby?

DW prefers it if I can take DS out alone so he's out of her hair for a while. I've only done it a couple times so far. What is this phenomenon?

When another mom (or someone else) makes a very critical/unfair comment on your kids/parenting.

codex57
12-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Ahhh. Thanks.

Fairy
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Codex, a "mommy driveby" is when someone personally takes an action against you (says somethign to you, does something) in direct response to your parenting. Generally, these people are strangers, but they could easily be other moms or family members you know. So, for Julie, her DH was carrying the baby sock-free, some stranger approached him and decided that his baby was cold and needed socks, actually touched the baby's feet in the process, and basically told off DH for having crappy judgment.

If you're being judged negatively on a parenting approach, you may be the victim of a mommy driveby.

If you're being told by a stranger what you're doing wrong with your child, you mayb e a victim of a mommy driveby.

If you're called an idiot in Target cuz your kid's been missing for seven minutes while you look at eyeshadow, you may be the victim of a mommy driveby.

So, there ya go.

DrSally
12-14-2009, 02:28 PM
if you're called an idiot in target cuz your kid's been missing for seven minutes while you look at eyeshadow, you may be the victim of a mommy driveby.

So, there ya go.

:rotflmao:

Fairy
12-14-2009, 02:28 PM
When another mom (or someone else) makes a very critical/unfair comment on your kids/parenting.

See, now this was a perfectly lucid and organized and clear way to define the term. Much better than my rambling version!

DrSally
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM
See, now this was a perfectly lucid and organized and clear way to define the term. Much better than my rambling version!

I liked your examples though, very vivid :ROTFLMAO:

jgenie
12-14-2009, 03:38 PM
if you're called an idiot in target cuz your kid's been missing for seven minutes while you look at eyeshadow, you may be the victim of a mommy driveby.

:hysterical:

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I love your dh's reaction! Poor guy just got another parenting education, huh?

Beth

MamaMolly
12-14-2009, 03:49 PM
If you're called an idiot in Target cuz your kid's been missing for seven minutes while you look at eyeshadow, you may be the victim of a mommy driveby.

:hysterical: I :heartbeat: you, Fairy!!!!!

Hmmmm. Let's see. Not feeling snappy, more like scrappy today: He could have said something about her filthy germy hand being a much greater threat to DD than bare feet. Or he could go with just embarrassing the heck out of her and shouting in a *really* loud voice 'GET YOUR HAND OFF MY BABY!'

codex57
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Hahaha, thanks Fairy. I like vivid.