PDA

View Full Version : childcare at Disney World?

dragop21
12-14-2009, 07:06 AM
we are going to be there for ten days and I would like to go on a later evening date with my lovely dh. has anyone ever hired or used a service before? any recommendations? obviously it makes me SUPER nervous to leave my kids with someone I don't know, but its that or nothing. which I can deal with nothing too....

so anyone BTDT?
:D

egoldber
12-14-2009, 08:00 AM
I have not done it at WDW, but I have at other hotels. WDW contracts with a babysitting service, maybe Fairy Godmothers is the name? This is discussed a LOT on the disboards Family section.

For older kids they have "kid clubs" at several of the hotels, but your child has to be 4 and potty trained.

sste
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I used the service that is affiliated with disney. I told them I wanted a grandmother or grandmother type who had been employed by them for more than five years and had worked with special needs kids (which I took as a marker of patience). I got an older woman - - I forget her name but she had been with them for more than 7 years and worked with tons of special needs kids. She was great. The service was pretty expensive with tip though.

erosenst
12-25-2009, 02:03 PM
We used a service through Disney - can't remember the name. We were VERY pleased with the whole thing. We've used sitters at other hotels around the country and always had a good experience; however, this was by far the most professional.

ETA - Looked it up. It's Kids' Night Out.

Enjoy!